Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

TME Smoke Sys on BME 50

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 09:50 AM
EXTRARC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TME Smoke Sys on BME 50

I've just installed a TME Simple Smoke system on my GP Wagstaff with a BME 50. I've done exactly what the directions say to do by using all 3 lines coming out of the smoke tank----1 for vent, one for filling the smoke tank, & one that goes to the muffler. I also have a filter in the line from the tank to the pump, & the check valve is in the line right before the muffler so back pressure can't push back into the tank. My problem is when I fill the tank using the fill line, smoke oil filled up my muffler & also came out of the vent line. I can't turn the check valve around because then oil couldn't make it to the muffler. I can't figure out why the oil keeps being pushed into the muffler line & the vent line when I'm using a completely separate line to fill the tank. Does anyone know what could be causing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Flying----JC [:-] [:-] [:-] [:-]
Old 02-23-2004, 08:57 AM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TME Smoke Sys on BME 50

Sounds like your vent line is plugged up. can you clamp off the muffler line with a pair of forceps and try to fill the tank. See if it pressurizes the tank as you try to fill it