Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Difficult to start FUJI BT-32 engine

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Difficult to start FUJI BT-32 engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 09:58 AM
tinpre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difficult to start FUJI BT-32 engine

I have purchased a FUJI BT-32 engine. It can't be started by hand flipping by the same procedure as ZENOAH...Although I have much experience to start ZENOAH by hand flipping. I've found that very weak spark results in the problem. A little carbon built on the spark plug will make the problem worse. Is this normal for FUJI engine? Thanks for any response...
Old 02-23-2004, 10:03 PM
NavyE6FE

Default RE: Difficult to start FUJI BT-32 engine

tinpre, make sure you follow the directions in the fuji manual. The prop needs to be in a certain postion in relation to the magnets and compression. Also the procedure I use to start my Fuji 50 is: Ignition-off, choke-closed, throttle above idle, flip 15-20 times. Then: ignition-on, choke-closed, flip until engine fires(usually 6-8 flips). Then: ignition-on, choke-open, flip until started(usually 3-4). This is for first start of day, after this I leave the ignition on and choke/flip until it fires then choke off and 3-4 flips and its running.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:24 AM
tinpre

NavyE6FE. Thanks for your response. Can you tell me how strong of your engine's spark? I doubt that my BT-32 engine's spark is very weaker than your BT-50.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:43 AM
tinpre

NavyE6FE. By the way, my next project is to built a 50cc class sports plane and I'm very interested in BT-50 engine. How about your BT-50 perform? Does its exhaust clean (no black unburned oil)? My BT-32's exhaust usually contains some black mess.....[]
Old 02-24-2004, 10:03 PM
NavyE6FE

tinpre, I haven't really checked the spark on my 50, but with other engines if you have the plug out and hold the plug against the engine you should see a spark if you spin the engine with good force(you also need to be out of the sun). If you have access to a starter, you might be able to spin the engine fast enough to see a spark outside if you have the plug shaded. As far as black in the exhaust, it depends on the oil:gas ratio and how rich/lean the needles are set.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:22 AM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

My only experience with this engine was with a friend's. It seemed to have a hard time drawing fuel, therefore hard to get started by hand.
The side plate type choke didn't seem to do a good job.