Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Equipment mounting

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Equipment mounting

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 12:05 PM
techcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equipment mounting

This is for all heli-owners...

When you are setting up your heli, be sure that everything you have on that bird is locked down tight!!! I ran across someone who had a thin piece of aluminum running between his skids and he put his "Bird Seed" battery right in the middle. Of course, his bird was vibrating badly and he couldn't figure out why..

First, the battery had to be re-located to something solid on the bird. Remember, heli's (especially the mini's) are very sensitive to vibrations. The smallest ammount of vibrations can cause the bird to be unstable during hover.

Second, the condition of his rotors. I know some of you are just getting jobs and aren't able to continue buying new blades every time something happens to them. I have been there. But there is just no question in my mind that it really is worth the extra "cost" as apposed to your Heli's well being (not to mention your own or someone else). Small chips and cracks in your blades cause vibrations and can tear your bird appart. Also, when these blades are under load they can crack and be sent flying toward anything and anyone!!

Third, when mounting your radio gear.. again, make sure everything is solid and nothing can thought of as "loose".

Finally, your antenna!!! DO NOT CROSS OVER ANTENNA WIRES!!!! Even if it's just at the end to "secure" the wire. Crossing antennna wires causes "glitches" that can send your heli out of control. My web-site has a practical solution to mounting your antenna, but whatever you do, please.. don't cross your wires!!
(PS.. there is electrical current flowing through your tail boom, this also could cause interferance with your signal and give you glitches. if you wrap your antenna around your tail booom!!)

http://home.earthlink.net/~ibsniper (Hummingbird Helipad)