Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Standard HB/DF power connector no good?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Standard HB/DF power connector no good?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 10:14 PM
Super-Hornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Standard HB/DF power connector no good?

Hi all

Anyone of u experience the standard power connector (Or battery Connector) getting too hot? For mine the connector for NiMH, Li-Poly and (before ESC Mixer and now ICS) all turns warm to hot after first battery. I have one Li-Poly connector practically melted and mold onto the other connector. I feel that the connector contact will get loose very easily after some time.

I recently replace all my battery connector to Computer Power Supply Connector. So far only batteries that is running warm to hot but not the connector.

Anyone of u tried this? If anyone of u interested.. I can take a picture to show u how I connect.

Super-Hornet
Old 02-24-2004, 10:33 PM
helisfreak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Standard HB/DF power connector no good?

are we talking more weight and more is being add on to the little poor helicopter... kakakaa... u mean those power supply connecter for computer? the 4 wire type?
Old 02-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Super-Hornet

Yup. That is correct. The one for HDD or CDROM power. Actually I wanted to use the Floppy Drive power connector but Can't find the "Female" type.

Weight wise... Not that heavy. I think it is like having 2 or 3 standard connector weight. At least I got a better contact than before.[8D]

Super-Hornet
Old 02-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Super-Hornet

BTW...

Before
Stock ESC Mixer, Fan Tail, 10T Pinion
9-10 Minutes of flight time for 1 Battery (2Cell 1500mAH Li-Poly)

Now
Seperate Component, DDrive, 10T Pinion, Computer Power Connector
10 Minutes of flight time for 1 Battery (2Cell 1500mAH Li-Poly)

So what do u think?

Super-Hornet
Old 02-25-2004, 12:21 AM
helisfreak

I bet ya your helicopter look all wire up now, lol.. .people might think it a flying bomb if u fly with out canopy... hahahaa.. watch out... theyt going to shoot it down ... ... btw.. how many channel do i actually need for a 3d hornet? and how much for cost? sundenly.. i want a CP and a drive shaft for tail... ... the direct tail doesn't attract me... lol
Old 02-25-2004, 02:55 AM
Super-Hornet

Hi

Actually... Most of the time I fly without canopy.

I too prefer direct shaft method. With Direct Shaft.. at least u no need to worry about tail too heavy thing. I got a few ideas on my mine all the while about converting my DFly to Direct Shaft. Maybe one day u will see or hear me implement it.

As for 3D Hornet.... I not sure. I let those who know the answer can answer for u.

Super-Hornet
Old 02-25-2004, 02:05 PM
helisfreak

You want to try it out ??? kakakaa.. let buy the hornet tail.. and we stick it in our aerohawk and dfly.. ahahaha.. see what happen..
Old 02-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Super-Hornet

Hi helifreak... that's a great idea.. maybe u go ahead first and let us know how it goes...I spend too much money on my first chopper already.

Super-Hornet
Old 02-25-2004, 05:09 PM
helisfreak

hahahaa... nah.. i think im will completely RECK this helicopter... (aerohawk) then... later on get a tolnally NEW one.. CP... Drive Shaft... and maybe mid size heli....I was thiking to buy part .... which mean... instead of buying the KIT that came with everything (( sucky part) mind as well buy like part and put together one for yourself... instead of buy stock part which you will have to upgrade anyway... why not buy cnc part... make a perfect heli at the begining... kakakaa... any sugest of any good type of helicopter out there? Eco 10 or 16 would be nice... kakaka..