Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 02:20 PM
zeeshan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default conversion

hello all
i have come to the counclusion that i have had enough of the smartech aerohawk it just dont work so i have come to the counclusion that i want a piccolo so i am going to buy a artf and take out all the components from the smartech aerohawk and put them in the piccol and use that
any ideas
do you think it will work is is a good idees??????????? thank you in advance
Old 03-03-2004, 02:28 PM
helisfreak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: conversion

What do you mean you had have enough with aerohawk, your hawk doesn't fly right or wut???

My dream just come true today... I FINALLY CAN FLY A HELICOPTER... I now can hoover my aerohawk as long as I want... MY HAWK IS VERY STABILIZE NOW.. m ore then i thought it can.. it hold in same spot for 3-4 second before it start moving due to wind.... with a few mod I did on it.. work like a dream come true now...

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with the aerohawk.. they fly... Piccolo.. im prettt sure they're the same concept and same quality... I think micro helicopter is.. 50% on pilot.... 30% the set up.. and 20% the quality of the part...

so as long as you got the 50%+30%... = 70.. you should be OK... Im not sure what is wrong with your aerohawk or it flying or not.. but what i suggest is stop wasting your money because it not worthed...

Since you already have your aerohawk.. getting a piccollo isn't going to make any different... I would suggest to get the hawk to work, help from someone... and believe me.. every helicopter fly... I once thought like you to.. that aerohawk suck.. but i must admit that I AM WRONG...

so i would suggest to stick with aerohawk.. and once you good.. go for something more bigger... like eco or ep concept.. im looking forward to one of those soon....
Old 03-03-2004, 03:00 PM
zeeshan

i have had the herlicopter for about 8 months now nothing but hastle the parts keep braking not because of pilot eror the people who sent it to me sent it back broken evn loads of problem would take at least a week to say just the beginings of them
Old 03-03-2004, 03:23 PM
helisfreak

So you did get it to fly but what you trying to say is smarttech aerohawk part quality suck and very breakable???
IF you are talking about all the plastic part, I can say with 100% sure that is because of your error when flying.. YOU crash it.. .that why they break.... they're cheap.. plastic... you can't expect it to smack on the ground and nothing happen..
IF you are talking about the electronic, pcb, motor. I can't say that they're good, true that some of them are crap.... like people having problem with tail rotor burn out quick.. it not just aerohawk.. it almost all micro heli.. because motor is so small and it doing so much work... same with pcb.. it 1 thing doing 3 job... and sometime it also our error that we don't throttle down and keep forcing the motor to spin after it crash.. which cause pcb fried...

What make you think Piccolo part are more stronger than aerohawk??? I don't see there is any way the piccollo part are better. If you break a lot of stuff and tire of replacing them... That why I was talking about that we custom make our own helicopter.. buy all the best part.. most of the time... cnc part... If you really want a stronger helicopter... then buy hop up... not picollo and think it more stronger...

btw.. .this is all my opinion...

so far.. i broke... 1 rotor head, 1 tail blade, 1 main blade, 2 tail motor, on my aerohawk.. and I can say most of this are MY FAULT.. except the tail motor.. they worn out..
Old 03-03-2004, 03:33 PM
HB flyer

I dont know about aerohawk but i do know that piccolo parts are fragile and they wont last so long in beginner's hand! I have the eco piccolo about 2 weeks after I got the Hummingbird and I kept on practise with my HB after I found out that piccolo is not durable!
Yes, piccolo flies very good if you could hovering a heli nicely....

HB Flyer
Old 03-03-2004, 03:40 PM
helisfreak

OMG... what have i been saying.. I SAID.. they're all the same damn thing.... they're all breakable.. errrr... .you people don't get it.. there is no better micro helicopter then other.. they all same ****.. just depend on WHO"S FLYING THE DAMN THING.. and who set it up... sorry.. kind of over reacted... but.. pissing me off..
Old 03-03-2004, 04:31 PM
zeeshan

calm down all of you this is a frendly post not to bite your heads offany way thanks for your information and i have alot of experience with helicopter flight.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:38 PM
turl

lol @ helisfreak - your posts make me smile!!

zeeshan - sorry to here your ditching the aerohawk - do u fly bigger heli's normally then?

Iv'e got my AeroHawk running ok now but it takes a while and it's a pain when it breaks and I have to wait weeks for bits ( and pay ripoff UK prices [] )

Still gonna fly it till it dies though and then get a BIGGER one!!!!

Old 03-03-2004, 05:44 PM
HB flyer

If you have a lot of experience with helicopter......I believe that u wont have any problem to fly any kind of heli. Go separate for your micro heli and get a CP heli to perform 3D manuevers, such as Hornet CP-X, piccolo pro or the next coming Protech Zoom 400 3D..
http://www.dreamhobbies.com/dreamhome.htm

HB Flyer