Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need help w/ purchasing accessories

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 10:16 PM
method84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help w/ purchasing accessories

Tommorow I am purchasing a HPI MT2 and what I was wondering was that I already have a 7.2v 3000 power index battery pack and a AC Fast Charger that I got from Radioshack when I purchased my first electric R/C. What other accessories would I need??? I am a noob and clueless any input would be a great help.....thanks.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:13 PM
RCRyan

Default RE: Need help w/ purchasing accessories

you should not buy cars or batteries from radio shack. they are little cheap toys that are slow and you start to lose intrest in them after a few days. go to a hobbie and buy a real race car.
oh ya dont go back to radio shack to buy batteries they suck![:'(]
Old 03-03-2004, 11:15 PM
method84

thanks, I noticed that after I purchased the f-150 for like 5o bucks and it died 2 days later..I should have know,....b astards
Old 03-03-2004, 11:20 PM
RCRyan

so know you know not to go to radio shack. do you think you would buy a fast car at a hobbie shop.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:22 AM
iliketobreakthings

my first car was a tyco i trashed by diriving it off 3 story building i had lotta fun with it .... took it apart built a frame use the crappy motor and built myself a cheap little slow car for fun.... then i bought i nikko cause my dad thought a losi was too much.... now im gonna get a xxx t hopefully i can convince him $350 dollars aint a problem..... hahhaha well ya radio shack is the most crapp iest place to buy any rc items
Old 03-04-2004, 06:32 AM
mark374

look on ebay, you can find xxx-t that will come built, radio, batteries, extra tires/parts for pretty cheap. I got my entire car for 300. It was used but in great shape and I only had to replace a couple arms.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:03 AM
method84

ORIGINAL: iliketobreakthings

my first car was a tyco i trashed by diriving it off 3 story building i had lotta fun with it .... took it apart built a frame use the crappy motor and built myself a cheap little slow car for fun.... then i bought i nikko cause my dad thought a losi was too much.... now im gonna get a xxx t hopefully i can convince him $350 dollars aint a problem..... hahhaha well ya radio shack is the most crapp iest place to buy any rc items
hahahahaha!!!! I wish I could have done the same with my f 150 if I knew it was gonna die the next day. the same time i got my f-150 my buddy got the dodge "raminator". It was the cheasiest thing in the world but it was huge and had these big ass shocks. To make a long story short, he tooks his through the snow the day of a giant snow storm and something in the electrical in the truck f' d up because know when you turn it on, ragardless if the remote is on or not, the tires wont stop spinning. So now he just turns it on and watches it fly down the road...crappy radioshack I hope it gets blown up....everything at radioshack sucks and is overpriced...they have old tv's in there that you can get with the same money to buy a flat screen. They have crappy aprint cell phones and clock radios.....they should just call it clockradio shack.