Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Tail Wheel Bracket Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 11:04 PM
Plane Addicted
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail Wheel Bracket Help

Hello,

I need help in finding a tail wheel bracket for my Hanger 9 80" Cap 232. I don't like the dubro or sullivan tail wheel brackets. I do like the Dave Patrick leaf spring bracket. I have 2 of these on order, however I have given up of ever receiving them. I would like to try to find somthing simular. Can anyone help???

John
Old 03-07-2004, 11:21 PM
michpittsman
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Tail Wheel Bracket Help

CB has been making a realistic leaf-spring type assy in sizes up to 20 lbs plus for years. The linkage to the rudder is sprung to isolate the rudder servo from shock...JIM
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27614.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	108985  
Old 03-08-2004, 01:01 AM
rfw1953
My Feedback: (2)

I use an Ohio Superstar tail wheel with a direct rod connection to the rudder servo. Never had a problem with this and use on all my planes. I learned this from a pilot with many more years experience than me who also has never had a problem. Sometimes a few pilots will question whether or not this causes additional stress on the rudder servo. This works for me and like I said, zero failures. Hard to knock when it works well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61436.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	109024  
Old 03-09-2004, 07:56 AM
Jeff396
My Feedback: (1)

I feel as if I'm in an AA meeting.....

"Hi, my name is Jeff and I too have been waiting a long time for my Dave Patrick leaf spring tail wheel."

"Hi Jeff"

Michpittsman,

I am also building an 80" H9 Cap232 and am in the same tail wheel quandary. The Sullivan tail wheel sure looks easy to install but I just can't get past its UGLY looks. I'm sure this will be obvious once answered but who is CB and where can I find their tail wheel assembly?

Jeff
Old 03-09-2004, 08:44 AM
John Murdoch
My Feedback: (11)

Jeff(s)
Here's the link to Tower that shows the CBA Tatone leaf spring setup. What I like about it is if you get the larger sizes, you can always add or take away leafs to add or subtract weight at the furthest most point on the rear of the airplane. Enjoy!
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXA392&P=7