Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

GWS Gyro about to get the HAMMER!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

GWS Gyro about to get the HAMMER!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 12:20 AM
davham
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Gyro about to get the HAMMER!!!!!!

Anyone have an idea about what might be going on here? This thing will not hold its sensitivity setting at all. At the start of every flight the red light is always on and I have to re-adjust it to get both red and green. Throughout the flight I have to constantly adjust the rudder trim to keep it from wondering to the left. It's not a slow reaction to torque but more of an abrupt movement. I start with the trim near the middle and end with almost full right trim. Also I can be in a steady hover and the nose will just whip to the left about 30 degrees w/o me doing anything. I give it right rudder to bring it back and then 20-30 seconds later it will do it again. I cant here the tail speed up to try and counter this either but can hear it working if just flying around.
Last but certainly not least, as the pack wears down this problem gets worse to where it will almost go 60-80 degrees. Could the mixer be part of the problem also. This is the micro gyro on a hummingbird.
Thanks for any ideas.
Dave
Old 03-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Flying Weasle

Default RE: GWS Gyro about to get the HAMMER!!!!!!

Check the pinion on the tail motor. Sounds like it may be slipping. Make sure it's CA'ed on and see how that works. If the tail is drifting to the left that it TOO much gain on the Gyro.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:28 PM
rodgermoore2001
My Feedback: (3)

these helis act funny when there isn't enough power i would recomend li poly or li ion pack 7.2v 2 cell. if it doesn't fix your problem it will still be a very worth wile mod. trust me. li poly is lighter and more powerful but more dangerous. be careful and good luck.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:40 PM
davham
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks for the comments.

The tail is drifting right-nose goes left. I have a 8.4v NI-MH 750mah pack. I just bought the direct drive tail rotor setup so I'll see what that does.