Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

EP Caliber M24 Schweizer 300C

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

EP Caliber M24 Schweizer 300C

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 03:13 AM
EddieNewYork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EP Caliber M24 Schweizer 300C

Hi,

I would like to purchase an electric helicopter soon, and wanted to know if anyone had opinons on the new EP Caliber M24 Schweizer 300C by Kyosho.

Click here to see video.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:09 PM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: EP Caliber M24 Schweizer 300C

Well, Its a very nice looking helicopter and a very hollywood style video! But Let me give you a word of advice! I will admit this is the first time I'm hearing about and seeing this particular helicopter Product, But while Kyosho is a good name in the R/C Industry, I would be very leary about buying any helicopter that's already assembled and if it has a tail motor and a 3 in 1 board, Dont even bother with it! This reminds me of the "AEROHAWK TRAP" That everyone fell into, including me. Their are lots of Companies in Hong Kong that are jumping in on the "Cheap Heli " Band Wagon. Lots of these already assembled, so called easy to fly, cheap costing helis are nothing more than junk that end up costing you more money in repairs in the long run, This sounds like a true case of BUYER BEWARE![X(] I've been flying helis for a while now and purchased an Aerohawk just for the fun of it just to see what it was all about, What a piece of JAP JUNK! As you can see on these forums their are lots of complaints about motors burning out, boards frying, and these mishaps and defects are coming shortly after normal use without crashes, some say after 15 battery packs, But everybody was attracted by the low price, That's marketing I guess! I have an MS HORNET SCHWEIZER 300C from hobby lobby, It cost me about $500 with everthing included that I would need to fly it, But I've been flying it an average of 2-3 times a week for the past 6 months and have not had a repair bill yet! Also note that this Hornet Schewizer 300C was my very first heli that I started with and learned on. I still use it dispite the fact that I have 3 other large helis. How much do they want for that new Kyosho Caliber cake mixer anyway?
Old 03-11-2004, 10:41 PM
golferjon

Hey,

I am sorry Flyingfish but have to disagree. I think the Aerohawk is a great Heli for the money. I don't know if yours was just deffective but the upgraded parts are great. I think this heli is definitly worth the money!! If you are looking for a great heli but don't wanna go bankrupt the AeroHawk is the heli!!
Old 03-14-2004, 02:16 PM
EddieNewYork

hm... i didn't know it look'd so unappealing. the helicopter costs around $500 for everything, and i thought that was on the higher price side for an electric. well if i go with lets say a hummingbird or picolo, do they need a 4 channel or 6 channel to fly? and does the radio come with those heli's or do i need to buy it separately?
Old 03-14-2004, 02:41 PM
helisfreak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agreed with flying fish... save ur money.. get a driven tail and cp instead... i have an aerohawk.. it fly ok.. but as you know.. all micro helicopter with direct tail drive have problem with tail motor.. they don't last to well.. u have to spend time on experiencing which motor will work and do bunch of mod.. and the tail doesn't have enough autority.. i would suggest cp... and driven tail... or driven tail only... FP is ok...
Old 03-14-2004, 04:26 PM
bluesilver30

don't get a cp heli for your first one, that's just asking for trouble.

i recomend a hummingbird or a picollo, only because they are so popular, you can get a lot of help with them. and mods and replacement parts are readily avalable.

that is a nice looking heli though. it's pretty much standard for micro's except for the bell-hiller head, which is a nice upgrade. though if you say that costs 500, it's definantly overpriced. i suggest you get one of the two i mentioned up there, and then you will be able to easily upgrade as you feel you need to.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:26 AM
EddieNewYork

ic, i will look into either of those models...

can someone explain what the difference is between driven tail and direct tail driven systems?

also are hummingbirds and picollos direct tail or driven tail?

thank you.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:18 PM
FlyingFish

Driven tail is when the tail rotor is Driven By a Gear or Belt which is using the power from the main rotor via drive train.
Direct tail is when the tail rotor has its own tail motor and is driven directly from that motor (these are the ones that usually cause Problems with faultiy circuit boards)
Old 03-15-2004, 11:51 PM
EddieNewYork

thanks flyingfish! so which heli's are driven tail? i guess it's a toss up between the hummingbird/drangonfly and the picollo.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:41 AM
FlyingFish

The Humming Bird, Picollo and Dragonfly are all Direct Tail Helicopters. An Example of Driven Tail Helicopters would be the Hornet or Echo 8 Helicopters.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:35 AM
EddieNewYork

cool, thanx again... looks like i still have a lot to research.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:57 AM
techcoast

I am curious, how much are these little birds?
Old 03-16-2004, 02:58 PM
EddieNewYork

ORIGINAL: techcoast

I am curious, how much are these little birds?
$450 at rcmart.com