Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Hornet Shweizer 300

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hornet Shweizer 300

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 11:52 AM
wt1961

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hornet Shweizer 300

Hi

Any body can give me sum informations about the Hornet Shweizer 300 mini electric heli. About its performance, response, quality?

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Hoverup
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Hornet Shweizer 300

It's a great little package. Here's my FP Schweizer 300 with "scale" like landing gear fabricated from left over CF rods.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32982.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	79585  
Old 12-04-2003, 03:19 PM
wt1961

Thanks Hoverup for the photo.
Can you give me sum information about its flight characteristics and crash tolerability, I mean it's easy to control and hover, it's stable, can it resist sever crashes ?
What can you tell me about its assembly and setting-up, it's easy?

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:40 PM
Hoverup

Great flyer. Very stable in the hover. It does pitch up in forward flight like most FP helis. It's not all that crash survivable. Boom strikes by the mainblades seem to be the most common and expensive scenario. It's fairly easy to build but the shaft driven tail can be tough to set up. This is not a good beginner's heli even though it was my first heli of any kind or size. I would go with one of the Feda/HummingBird/Piccolo clones if I were starting over and knew then what I now know.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:44 AM
EddieNewYork

ORIGINAL: Hoverup

Great flyer. Very stable in the hover. It does pitch up in forward flight like most FP helis. It's not all that crash survivable. Boom strikes by the mainblades seem to be the most common and expensive scenario. It's fairly easy to build but the shaft driven tail can be tough to set up. This is not a good beginner's heli even though it was my first heli of any kind or size. I would go with one of the Feda/HummingBird/Piccolo clones if I were starting over and knew then what I now know.
when you say you would go with a picollo over the hornet first if you could do it all over again, why is that? cause right now i'm trying to find the right one for me, and i just found out about direct tails and driven tails and people are saying to go with the driven tail hornets becuase of motors burning out and all sorts of problems with the direct tail. what do you recommend?
Old 03-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Hoverup

Hornet is harder to set up, which can be very discouraging for a beginner. That being said the quality of the components in the Hornet kit are much better than the Piccolo IMHO. Tail motors burning out have been solved by the use of higher frequency ESC's.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:06 PM
EddieNewYork

ic... thank you hoverup!