Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Thanks Matt ! (Re: defective connector)

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Thanks Matt ! (Re: defective connector)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 04:00 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks Matt ! (Re: defective connector)

Hi,

I need to get a new part to replace a defective part on my new 120. Since there's no-one answering the phone at Jetcat USA on the weekends for me to arrange this, I'd like to find out if there is somewhere else that I can obtain the part.

The part in question is the plug at the end of the battery lead. Because the Jetcat plug has a lot of small pins instead of two decent sized pins, a great big gob of solder has been used to bridge multiple pins together to handle the current. Unfortunately this bridging has clearly put more heat on the connector than it can handle, the plastic has melted during soldering, and the metal parts inside the plastic have moved so that there's no way the plug will plug into the ECU.

I'd really prefer not to have to send this back to Jetcat for repair (the engine has already been back to Jetcat once without me even getting to use it), so I'm looking for a replacement plug (ideally with the pigtail on it, but bare if need be). I know I could wait until Monday morning and call Jetcat for the part, but if there's a reasonable way of getting the part (from any source) sooner that that, I'd like to know about it - coz time's a-wasting and I'd really like to get to fly this thing next weekend. Sources, part numbers, anyone ???

BTW, in case anyone at the factory is interested ... I just had to redo all of the heat-shrink on the electrics for my engine, because almost none of it was properly shrunk, and the heat shrink tubing was just sliding all over the place, leaving bare wire everywhere. You might wanna check future engines to see if this was a one-off fluke.

Thanx,
Gordon
Old 06-15-2002, 04:59 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Hi Gordon

Sorry about your problem, I will smack Bob extra hard during his next beating.

As for the plug, it is a multplex power connector part, I have seen it in shops that carry multiplex servos. I can send you a new one today if that helps, not sure how the post office works on saturday and whether that would help.

Here is what Multiplex USA(http://www.multiplexrc.com/acc_elec.htm) lists the part numbers as:

MPX High Current 6 Pin plug and socket

Plug, Pack of 3
Part# 8 5213
$5.06

Socket, Pack of 3
Part# 8 5214
$5.06
Old 06-15-2002, 05:26 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Matt ! (Re: defective connector)

Gordon,
Not sure if this will help you but Hobby Lobby also sells the same plug, I believe it is in their charger section. Just bought a few this week with my Duo charger.

Todd
Old 06-15-2002, 08:56 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks.

Not sure what happened to my last post, so I'll try again...

Thanks a lot to Todd for the info, and to Matt for promising to send me the necessary part. I appreciate it guys...

There's a chance of something being wrong no matter what brand I buy, but what makes the difference here (IMO) is how the support stacks up. In this case, quick and painless.

Cheers,
Gordon