Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

red light on esc???

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

red light on esc???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 04:39 PM
helisfreak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default red light on esc???

What is the red light on the brushless esc signal for? It light when i pluck in battery...and beep... then shut off.. but when i throttle.. it fine.. but when i get to like 80%.. then it light up and flashing... what is this mean? over power? or??? some kind of warning?
Old 03-18-2004, 06:23 PM
StrangeRanger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: red light on esc???

Don't know bout yours, but on my DF w/ stock motor and esc, when my little esc light flashes from red to green to red when I'm flying I think it means I'm drawing to much current. IE: the battery is running too low and that's when I stop flying on that pack.
j
Old 03-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Super-Hornet

Hi helifreak

U never mention what B/L ESC U using so I just assume it is Castle Creation.

The Red LED is an indication telling u that it is initializing itself. When you fly halfway it blink again is another indication telling u the battery is weak or you reach the cut-off level.

Super-Hornet
Old 03-18-2004, 11:19 PM
helisfreak

yes... it a phx-10... and the red light stay on if i go full throttle.... ? this mean?

btw way super hornet.. what kind of motor are u using? the himax?
Old 03-19-2004, 12:03 AM
Super-Hornet

Hi helisfreak..

U have to set/program your PHX-10 for the cut-off value. If yours is 2Cell, u need to set to 6V, 3Cell = 9V and if yours is 7Cell NiMH, u need to set accordingly...else u get unnecessary red light.

BTW... i use Himax HA2025-4200. Actually it weight is 66g.. not 68g as I previously mention.

Super-Hornet
Old 03-19-2004, 12:21 AM
helisfreak

ok..and how do u set that? they mention it that there is a usb cable? so i need to buy that thing to set that up??? whattt.... i mean for stock... what is the default setting on them?

BTW... im so confuse right now.. .i bought the phx-10 esc.. and now im looking for a motor... and... they're out of stock on the 4100... and i was going to buy the 4200.. but it said 25amp REQUIRE.... so.... what other one can i ues?
Old 03-19-2004, 12:33 AM
crazhorse
My Feedback: (2)

have you tried www.espritmodel.com or www.aeromicro.com or www.e-flightline.com/motors.htm for the himax motor ?
Old 03-19-2004, 01:00 AM
Super-Hornet

Actually u should play safe and get higher current rating B/L Controller (like PHX-25) instead.

Maybe u can try HA2015-3600 instead. Slower a bit but no choice. Use higher Teeth pinion. Maybe 12 or 10T. Or... just get HA2025-4200 and hope it doesn't burn out your B/L Controller...hehe.
Or use other brand of B/L motor.

As to program it.. u no need USB cable. When we said program it, we refering to reconfigure its setting... Not flashing it. the USB is for flashing its firmware and also read back some setting value.

To reconfigure/reprogram it, u just follow the instruction on the B/L Controller manual. (U know.. Set throttle to max before connect battery and then go to a sequence of step)

Super-Hornet