Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Aerohawk Parts YES! YES! YES!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Aerohawk Parts YES! YES! YES!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 06:18 PM
techmed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerohawk Parts YES! YES! YES!

I ordered my Aerohawk from Hobby-Lobby about a month ago. When I got it, I couldn't wait to fly it. I have now owned 2- Ikarus electrics, and 1- Ancient nitro, none of which I had much luck with. I followed the chinglish directions, and got the Aerohawk up and flying in no time. I must say; It is the first heli that I have ever actually been able to fly. It is a blast and a half! Finally, I am able to fly an R/C heli. Still not very good yet, but getting there quicker. Anyways, why I started this thread. Oh Yes. I busted the rotor head, after wacking it pretty hard into my kitchen cabinet. BTW the Aerohawk is extremely durable in comparison with the ECO Piccolo I had. I have crashed the Aerohawk numerous times, and it survived all of them except one. The Piccolo would have been in many pieces. I went back to Hobby-Lobby to order my rotor head, only to find that it was backorderd. After waiting a week, with no word of when they would get the parts in, I was pretty bummed. Finally a great heli, but no available parts. Then I read somewhere in here to try Raidentech. I said why not! So I did! They had all the parts in stock for the Aerohawk, they were very friendly, and best of all they shipped it out the same day. Raidentech Rules!!!! I am now back up and flying. I cancelled my order with Hobby-Lobby, and they were good about it. So if you need parts, give Raidentech a try.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:25 PM
helisfreak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aerohawk Parts YES! YES! YES!

Lol... i read in some other post.. someone said raidentech are run by CRIMINAL... hahaha.. lol... anyway... I order some aerohawk part from them to... they're alright i guess.. not that bad of service... anyway... i still have problem with my hawk and still can't fly it to welll.. had it for 2 week.. now... I feel stupid...
Old 02-26-2004, 11:18 PM
wannaheli

everyone is out of main rotor blades [&o]
Old 02-26-2004, 11:45 PM
GREGF

Yeah I can't get blades for my bird either so im running picolo blades on my aerohawk head

works ok

Still waiting for my aero hawk gear to turn up from raiden tech[&o]
Old 02-26-2004, 11:57 PM
helisfreak

maybe this will help
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=4238

and i got 1 pair of extra blade... if you want u can pm me.. kakakaa
Old 02-27-2004, 08:27 AM
techmed

I have tried to fly heli's off and on over the last two years. It has been an expensive learning experience. Finally, with the Aerohawk, I feel like I am making some progress. Keep practicing, that's all I can tell you. One day, you'll wake up and suprise yourself, and then you'll realize it was all worth it. Good Luck!

ORIGINAL: helisfreak

Lol... i read in some other post.. someone said raidentech are run by CRIMINAL... hahaha.. lol... anyway... I order some aerohawk part from them to... they're alright i guess.. not that bad of service... anyway... i still have problem with my hawk and still can't fly it to welll.. had it for 2 week.. now... I feel stupid...
Old 02-27-2004, 01:45 PM
loopzilla

I just purchased both OEM and custom parts from four vendors; RaidenTech, HeliHobby, Precision Model Products, and AllElectronics. Not to mention my original AeroHawk order with RCMart. I had to order from so many vendors because none of them had everything I needed in stock, or were too high in pricing. Even though I ate shippinng charges so many times, it seems worth it to see how the vendors are, for future orders.

RaidenTech: Order Date 2/21/04 arrived complete today, 2/27/04
I got an eMail confirmation of my online order, and another with FedEx shipment information. Couldn't be more pleased, especially since they are the cheapest for OEM only parts. I wish they would carry other stuff too.

HeliHobby: Order Date 2/21/04 arrived complete today, 2/27/04
Recieved an eMail of order confirmation, with a link to order tracking. The order tracking never worked, but the parcel was recieved today, so I can't complain. More expensive than most.

AllElectronics: Order date 2/23/04 arrived complete today, 2/27/04
Recieved eMails for order confirmation and tracking. The fastest delivery of all so far. Cheap, high quality parts.

Precision Model Products: Order Date 2/21/04 online - NO WORD OF ANYTHING YET
No confirmation eMail, but credit card was charged on 2/26/04. However, they did mention on their site they would be shipping later than usual due to attending a trade show. I'll wait a while and eMail them for order status Monday.

Now my gripe: Can't get main blades anywhere, except RCMart. I ordered my AeroHawk via an eBay auction. Paid immediately via PayPal, and bank processed money transfer. I have not heard a single word from them yet. No, thanks, no go to hell, no nothing. I also won another auction for 2 battery packs, from RCMart as well. The only thing that is keeping me calm is their statement on the listing saying shipment would be 7-14 days after reciept and processing of the order. So, the grip is - I DON"T KNOW WHETHER THEY GOT THE ORDERS OR NOT. Simple communication courtesy would go a long way with American consumers, especially when we chance it and order from Hong Kong.

Finally, why doesn't someone in America get off their bum and stock a ton of these things, including all parts and mods? What is the holdup on parts? You would think the money would justify a trip to China. Could be (and probably am) wrong.

Later...
Old 02-27-2004, 01:52 PM
syclic

Might be worth paying a little more money for the Century Hummingbird II. They always seem to have parts for them.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:56 PM
helisfreak

It look like your spending more then u need to. I got my aerohawk from HK, without servo and TX, everything else is include for 125%. It stock with 2 pack of batter extra main blade and tail blade. And 2 week of flying, i crash and broke the rotor head... and that seem to be the only thing so far... and some tail motor... Don't be to harsh on yourself.. take it easy..
Old 02-27-2004, 02:09 PM
loopzilla

Thanks Helisfreak, I appreciate the empathy and suggestions.

What vendor did you use in the UK? What was the time from order placement to delivery?

At this point in my life, time is more of a concern than money, as my time is what makes me money. So, if I set aside a weekend to try to fly this thing, I don't want to break something first flight and sit the rest of the day. Preparation is key to my lifestyle.

That said, what parts are the most likely to break and need replacement? I just want to stock everything that is likely to break.

Thanks again
Old 02-27-2004, 03:56 PM
techmed

Bummer, I just busted my main rotor blades flying into my fridge. With all of the crashes this thru, this didn't seem to hit as hard as others. I think I might have overtightened the rotor blades, so they didn't give as easy when they hit. So from what I am gathering, the only place that has rotor blades is Rcmart?? I saw in a previous post that GREGF was using Piccolo blades? Does anyone know how well they work with the Aerohawk? It seems you can find these at most places.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:19 PM
loopzilla

Does anyone know if the Hummingbird crash kit (main blades) will work with the AeroHawk? If so, you can find it at:

http://www.heli-world.com/Merchant2/..._Code=crashkit

It includes the main blades, tail rotor, skids, etc. Cheap too.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:35 PM
techmed

Or better yet, just the blades for $9.95.

http://www.heli-world.com/Merchant2/...Category_Code=

The holes look too large though. It seems like there would be too much slop, unless you devise some sort of sleeve to make the hole size smaller.

The Piccolo blades look like they might work though.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:40 PM
loopzilla

It looks as though RaidenTech just got some OEM blades in:

http://www.raidentech.com/19marobl.html

Good to order from too, see my post above...gonna place an order now.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:52 PM
techmed

I just noticed that too! Me too! Me too!
Old 02-28-2004, 09:25 PM
emetzler

Hello Everyone,
Please hold tight. We have parts coming. China was on holiday for about month. I'd like to have a month holiday myself. Hobby-Lobby tries to keep all support parts in stock. This was a new product for us but we will be up to speed shortly.

Thanks,

Eric Metzler
Hobby Lobby
[email protected]
Old 02-29-2004, 01:58 PM
wannaheli

Thanks for the comment Eric. I bought my aerohawk from you guys (Hobby-Lobby) and the service was great. I do have to confess that I bought replacement parts from Raidentech. Just put the order in yesterday so can't comment on their service yet.

Could you tell us why the kit from Hobby-Lobby doesn't mention Smartech anywhere on the packaging or manuals? Is it because you guys will support the product yourself? Thanks!
Old 03-01-2004, 02:19 PM
emetzler

ORIGINAL: wannaheli

Thanks for the comment Eric. I bought my aerohawk from you guys (Hobby-Lobby) and the service was great. I do have to confess that I bought replacement parts from Raidentech. Just put the order in yesterday so can't comment on their service yet.

Could you tell us why the kit from Hobby-Lobby doesn't mention Smartech anywhere on the packaging or manuals? Is it because you guys will support the product yourself? Thanks!

wannaheli,
I can't believe you went to the other guy. Actually it is not a problem as they are one of our dealers.

I can't honestly say why our AeroHawks do not make mention of "Smartech". They left that our on our order. We will support Aerohawks purchased directly from Hobby Lobby. We always support our products.

Thanks again,

Eric Metzler
Hobby Lobby
[email protected]
Old 03-02-2004, 10:54 AM
wannaheli

Think we can get Hobby-Lobby to stock non-OEM parts/upgrades for the AeroHawk? Something like they have over at the Helihobby website. I have heard bad things about them so I'm afraid to place an order.

Has anyone here use non-OEM parts on the AeroHawk with success? Loopzilla, you ordered a lot of stuff. Are any of those non-OEM parts for the AeroHawk? and how have they been woking out?
Old 03-02-2004, 02:20 PM
loopzilla

wannaheli (et.al),

The only three sources I have ordered non-OEM parts from were HeliHobby, AllElectronics, and Precision Model Products. All are for the AeroHawk.

The HeliHobby order came quickly, with good communication (order confirmation, tracking numbers, etc.), and the products are exactly as advertised. From them, I got a swash ball, the EDF40 ducted fan, and the MJP fin set for the ducted fan. Very pleased.

From Precision Model Products (PMP), I ordered the CF adjustable linkage kit, and CNC AL shaft collar. Order was on the 21st, billed on the 26th, but nothing yet. I just eMailed them requesting tracking information. No other communication otherwise.

From AllElectronics, I ordered the Johnson main motor replacement, capacitors, and the Mabuchi tail motors. The order came FAST, with great communication. These parts are discussed at length in the following links:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/OK%2...1500827/tm.htm

http://runryder.com/helicopter/t85467p1/

As far as OEM stuff, RaidenTech seems to be the place. You have to check his site often for availability, but his pricing rocks. I ordered one of almost everything he carries, except part 19201 (tail boom). The communication is excellent, and the parts are perfect.

To finally answer your question - I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS STUFF WILL WORK - I still have no AeroHawk to try any of it on! I ordered it from RCMart through an eBay auction (plus two extra NiMi batteries in another auction) and only got communication when I requested a tracking number. Hong Kong postal says it was recieved for shipment on the 26th. So, I expect it any day.

I have been flying every simulator I can get my hands on, and haven't crashed in a week, so I am really looking forward to having it before the weekend. Crossing my fingers.

Oh, and I did get a set of Gail Graham's (GailInNM) excellent CNC AL motor mounts to try the dual motor setup described in this link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=n0+tail+motor

I want to really find out what this thing performs best with, whether it be stock, or mod. Then, which mod parts really make the difference. Ducted fan versus stock versus two tail motors versus direct drive. Question really is, how much do I actually have to put in to make the AeroHawk fun - both parts and time. We all know it won't do 3D, but what should we expect to do to make it fun. Too many forums about what this thing needs, I really want to find out, from a beginners perspective.

I am really investing a lot just to learn more quickly, and be able to make mods while the batteries are charging. The Zoom 400 is coming soon, which is really what I am preparing for. So no CNC swashplates or separate electrics for the AeroHawk yet.

If it flys, and I can fly it, I'll go further. Otherwise, I'll go until every part I have is destroyed. Should be fun either way!

I'll keep posting...
Old 03-08-2004, 09:15 PM
wannaheli

Well, I finally got spare parts for the Hawk. I ordered them from Raidentech and it arrived on the 8th day. Pretty good considering that it shipped from CA to VA. Can't wait to starting working on the Hawk again. I even ordered a R/C submarine from Raidentech for 7 bucks. Can't believe how low their prices are. Sorry Eric! Don't worry, I'll still buy stuff from Hobby-Lobby.

The parts were exactly what I ordered but was surprised by the battery pack. The Hawk I ordered from Hobby-Lobby came with an 8.4V 750mAH. The stock battery I ordered from Raidentech was 8.4V 700mAH. Their website didn't mention how many mAH so I figured it would be the same as the stock battery that came with the Hawk from Hobby-Lobby. The WONDERFUL manual didn't mention anything about the amps only that the battery is 8.4V. FYI, the spare battery that Hobby-Lobby sells is 750mAH but they are out of stock.

Anyone have any ideas what kind of performance I'll get with the 700mAH pack vs. the 750mAH pack?

Loopzilla, I hope you get your Hawk soon. I'm curious about all the mods you got for it.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:28 PM
loopzilla

Wannaheli,

I did get my Aerohawk, and it rocks - after some work. You need to do a lot to make it work right.

Check out my post at:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=207761

I hate to redirect to another forum, but I don't know if it is appropriate to paste info here?!?

In short, the best mods (IMHO) are, in order of necessity:

Swash Ball
Adjustable linkage
shaft collar
Head stiffener
Direct drive tail rotor and motor (yet to try, but ordered from All E RC)
Johnson Motor
Main Blades, like Yukohono's (trying to get them, he's shipping around the 15th)
LiPo battery

That is probably all I will ever do to my AeroHawk, as I plan to go to a Zoom 400 when they are around a little longer.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Jerrykl720

check it out
http://www.flying-hobby.com/parts.htm
about $7 u.s a set of main blades
Old 03-09-2004, 03:23 PM
wannaheli

Loopzilla,

Can't believe you tried all those mods when you are still a newbie. I'm basically trying to learn to fly the heli stock. I finally got a chance to work on the Hawk today. The part I was most excited about was the main shaft. The replacement was metal and not carbon fiber. Also, the metal shaft can be held in place with an E clip so I didn't have to use the rubber tubing.

Can't wait to fly the darn thing.

WHAT WOULD WE ALL DO WITHOUT SPARE PARTS?
Old 03-19-2004, 01:40 AM
kevcapone

hey everyone if you want to get any smartech cars or parts email [email protected] and you can also leave them some feedback on what needs improving or what you would like to be improved. They are the new distributor for smartech.