Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Entering the jet world (Steps I should take)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Entering the jet world (Steps I should take)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 04:35 PM
e-maxxfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Entering the jet world (Steps I should take)

Wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have a extra 300 and can fly the wing's off of it. I'm now looking to get into the jet world. I've heard that ductfan is the way to go for newcomers. Also the fact that i dont have a deep pocket to go to turbine. Could anyone give me some advice about starting it the jets. What are the differences?Do you think that i could handle one?I was looking at eather the Kyosho F-16 Falcon Or the Kyosho F-86F Sabre. Any tips Thanks
Old 03-23-2004, 04:45 PM
volkan

Default RE: Entering the jet world (Steps I should take)

the steps im taking is:

pusher prop --> D/F --> scale EDF or DF --> turbine.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:52 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

e-maxx if you are serious about getting into jets, the kyosho are ok , i guess, but if you can, get into the more serious ducted fan jets, there are many, f-86's for the most part are great trainers, yellow aircraft and byron a-4's are also great to learn on, you can usually get or find a ducted fan ready to fly, used ofcourse for about 600-800 dollars. but if you want to get use to the speed first, get a patriot, direct connections f-20 or something along those lines, prop-jets.......start out at the bottom and work your way up, prop jets, ducted fans, then turbines,

mark
Old 03-23-2004, 04:56 PM
RC JET FLYER
My Feedback: (42)

e-maxx,

I think you will be very unhappy with the Kyosho F-16 Falcon Or the Kyosho F-86F Sabre. Both are very underpowered and without major modifications fly poorly, especially someone with extra 300 experiences. I can’t give you any advice about starting off with a turbine, because I’m still flying ducted fans myself, but I’m hoping to get my turbine waiver this summer. Maybe someone else can fill you in about going the turbine route first. But I’m personally glad I went the ducted fan route first, just to get the experiences and feel justified about the increased cost of a turbine.
A good first ducted fan jet would be a Yellow aircraft F-16 or F-18 single (contact Shaun aka Yellowaircraft). Or probable one of the easies entry-level jets to fly would be a Top Gun F-15.

Hope this helps.

Steven T.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:04 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: e-maxxfreak

Also the fact that i dont have a deep pocket to go to turbine.
Mortgage, Pawn Shop, Pimping, 2nd Mortgage, use cash from Credit Cards

Seriously, get a used Dcted Fan, fly the hell out of it and see how you like it. Then, carefully start bying turbine stuff unti you could eventually retrofit your DF into a low-budget turbine powered jet.

There is a TGA RTF F-15 for $900 bucks right now on sale here at RCU. GO FOR IT!!!! It doesn't get that much cheaper and easier. It is a big and relatively slow jet trainer, plus there are aftermarket products to convert it to turbine.

Good luck.

David
Old 03-23-2004, 07:49 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: e-maxxfreak

There is a TGA RTF F-15 for $900 bucks right now on sale here at RCU. GO FOR IT!!!! It doesn't get that much cheaper and easier. It is a big and relatively slow jet trainer, plus there are aftermarket products to convert it to turbine.

Good luck.

David

I second that. Or....... Put all your nickels together and get a Pst 600 from TGA. I think they will throw in a free Dragonfly kit. Builds fast and is a great trainer. I fly the H*** outa' mine. Put three flights on it tonight.