Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

TG Mig Detachable Wing...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

TG Mig Detachable Wing...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 09:01 PM
FOShowNoClass
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TG Mig Detachable Wing...

I've been trying to email the guys over there at Top Gun to get a detachable wing kit for my Mig...no luck. Does anyone have one they'd like to part with? If no, any suggestions on how to go about making my own? It's pretty much a must for me. The trunk of my Acura in not quite big enough. Maybe I should get an SUV instead of the detachable wing. Might be easier. Thanks in advance for you help.

Will
Old 03-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: TG Mig Detachable Wing...

Give 'em a call at 1-800-380-jets. If not, you can get one from Yellow Aircraft. slightly different but it will work. Sig also sells the componites. EG: Extruded aluminum spar holders and spar material. But you will have to drill and tap the Sig one yourself.
I have some old used Byron sets around here some where if all else fails. (If I can find 'em)
Old 03-24-2004, 11:04 AM
FOShowNoClass

Terry,

Thanks for the reply. I will try to give them a call this morning. Do you install the mounts on the former before or after you install the former in the plane? I want to add a little bit of anheidral, but it would be hard to add the correct angle with the former out of the plane. Any thoughts? Also, how far forward from the back of the canopy hatch does the clear canopy extend? There is nothing in the instructions to help there. Thanks again!

Will
Old 03-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Send me your Address and I can mail you a drawing for what you need. I have all kind of neat stuff for the Mig-29 if you are interested.

Oh, you trial fit the former in the fuse, set the extrusions with one bolt, align the wings, take the former back out and then finish drilling and attaching as needed.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:32 PM
FOShowNoClass

Terry,

PM sent. Thanks!

Will