Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

spinners

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 04:41 PM
joseph
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spinners

Does anyone make 2" spinner for a 4 cycle prop?
Old 05-04-2003, 08:20 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spinners

Yes...

You can carve the openings in any spinner to fit your prop. I do this all the time. Just make sure you get enough clearance from the blades so you can easilly slide 1/32 balsa between the spinner edges and the prop.

Tru Turn will cut their aluminum spinner openings to fit your prop if you tell them what prop you are going to use (they'll cut the spinner for whatever number of blades too) This option is a bit more expensive...
Old 05-31-2003, 11:31 PM
RaceCity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default spinners

It would have been good to know what model you are using the spinner on. Some models look real sharp with a simple aluminum "AMA" nut on the front.

Good observation though....(MFR'S LISTEN UP!!!)....It's real hard to get a small spinner that has prop cut outs that permit the use of larger/wider props commonly used on 4C engines.

If vibration isn't of any concern to you (and it should be)...you can just hack out the openings of any cheap plastic spinner until it fits.

My thoughts....A Tru-Turn is worth the extra money every time. There's some other spinners that "kinda" look like them, but...if you want a TT...you gotta pay the $$. They're probably the most accurately machined/balanced spinner you can buy. As Huber stated...they can alter your spinner (without ruining it) to fit almost any prop.

NOTE: Whatever you should choose...be absolutely certain that the prop blades are NOT in contact with any part of the spinner or backplate!.....This can cause the prop blade to fatigue and break off. A real safety issue, so be heads up!

Good Luck!
'Nite