Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Buying a new mixer board

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Buying a new mixer board

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 10:58 AM
jimbo.uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a new mixer board

Does anyone know of a good place to get a new gyroscope mixer board for a aerohawk, I've been quoted HK$ 680 thats about £47.00 (good price[sm=confused.gif]!)for a replacement like for like,but have to wait weeks for delivery. Can I fit any mixer board from any mini heli and does anyone know whats the best.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:20 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Buying a new mixer board

I would recommend going with a CSM HGL200 head hold gyro and 2 speed controls. Yes, more expensive, but if something breaks in the future, you only have to replace that one componnent. Also, you will be very happy with how much better behaved the tail is with a head hold gyro.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:41 PM
jbalat

I got mine from alexng (I dont think he sells anymore ?) on ebay for only $15US. Yes thats right!. I dont know if he will do it again since he said that was the last one in stock. I put an inline 5 amp fuse and it has been going for over 6 months with only one burnt fuse on a 10.8v li-ion battery.

Go to ebay and contact the guys who are selling micros and ask for their best price. That is what I did...
Old 04-07-2004, 09:14 PM
helisfreak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

15 dollar for a pcb board???? lol.. no wonder your fry every hour? .... those should cost more then 15 buddy... it rather be kind of scam or idiot...
Old 04-08-2004, 01:46 AM
jbalat

Like I said my first one burnt out in less than a month. The one I got for $15 has been going ever since. If you look at it as a percentage of the total dragonfly price it actually sounds about right although I know people are scamming up to $70 for them..

Try Tedani.com, I know he is still going and he might be sympathetic ?... Just dont mention warranty or most of those guys will go silent.

If you think thats cheap, I just bought an electric glider from ebay for $50US - comes with 3 channel remote, 3 channel receiver, futaba micro servos, speed 380, seperate ESC.. Can you believe that.. I only bought it for the gear.

Search for "3 ch futaba" in titles and descriptions...