Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Futaba S3305 Servo

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 12:43 PM
bpolvo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba S3305 Servo

I read in this forum some time back that this servo should be used with NiCad batteries. Does that mean I shouldn't buy it if I'm running NiMH batteries? Can someone explain this to me? I was going to order one for my Losi XXX-T truck when I read this.
Thanks
Old 03-31-2004, 02:40 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba S3305 Servo

If the battery powers the receiver and the receiver transfers the signals to the servos, how would the servo know whether the power source was NiCd, NiMH, LiPo or even Alkaline? I could understand the receiver not being able to handle more than a certain amount of amps or voltage and even a servo requiring so much voltage, but not a servo dictating NiCd. Perhaps, you should post an inquiry on the Futaba support thread or contact the person that wrote that the Futaba S3305 servo requires NiCd.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:04 PM
bpolvo

Tigger, I went to the Futaba site and they have this written in there Tech Spec. Funny thing about this is I call the Futaba Tech Center this AM and he recommended this servo for my truck. I quess he wasn't aware of there specification. Maybe someone can explain why this is or if they are using a S3305 if it is working properly.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:22 AM
FooFighter

ive been using a s3305 for 3 months until recently ive changed to KO gear! it worked flawlessly on batteries before i bought a 6v humpback, it says on the box nicad use only but thats cr@P.

Brill servos but not as fast as ko 2344's

Andy..
Old 04-08-2004, 10:53 AM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

Radio Mfg's state things like this for the reason that higher speed/tq servo's will lose performance on alkaline as alkaline batteries lack the immediate punch that can be achieved by rechargeable batteries. NiMh's are a fairly new product for RC (last 3 to 4 years, I am not that sure) for widespread use so a lot of things will still say nicd. All it is asking for is a 5 cell 6 volt pack to achieve desired results, not 4 AA batteries. Hope this helps.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The servo charts I've seen show torque and speed ratings at 4.8v and at 6.0v. However, I don't recall reviewing any charts that rate servos by battery type or a mah rating. If that were the case, it seems that it would be very difficult to rate and compare any servo because of the numerous types and brands of batteries.