Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Used Engines (et all) Sold Here-Why NEW Prices?

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Used Engines (et all) Sold Here-Why NEW Prices?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 10:09 PM
ChickenStick Rick
My Feedback: (674)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Used Engines (et all) Sold Here-Why NEW Prices?

lets not forget that just because a guy has a high feedback rating doesn't mean he is selling all the time. He may be buying alot of stuff and getting feedback as a buyer.

What really chaps my behind is when someone puts something up for sale, it never fails that one of our own posts a nasty or sarcastic comment about the price, or what it sells for somewhere else. and what really annoys the living snot out of me is when another user trys to sell something in someone elses post.

But bottom line is if you don't like the price just move on. negative comments are not needed. If you wait long enough your good deal will come along.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

I seem to remember quite a few "I could buy it new for that price" posts on the old forum and yes RCO was snaillike which is why I abandoned it and it had its share of sky high "NEVER CRASHED", NIB,ONE CAREFULL OWNER posts.
Wonder what happens to the crashed ones?????
Old 02-15-2004, 12:30 AM
aaron2874

I saw a pic somewhere of some guy giving his plane a Viking funeral in a cast iron stove. I just strip the goodies off mine and toss it in a can. There has been the occassional sighting of the "crashed plane thieving Yeti". But that's just myth. Don't believe it.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:29 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: RE: Used Engines (et all) Sold Here-Why NEW Prices?

The sellers can remove those " I can get here or there cheaper" remarks.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:48 PM
b.bixel
My Feedback: (123)

Hi all,

I recently paid just under retail price for a DA-100 with very low time. The mufflers were free… So I saved more than $150 bucks for a gas engine which still needs to be broke in. I checked with Desert Aircraft and the warranty transferred as long as I got a receipt (which I did).

Did I pay too much? Some of you will say yes because you have some set rule of thumb percentage which is fine, and I sometimes do as well. But you have to look at the item and be willing to go with the market price if you want it. DA engines seem to hold their value as history has demonstrated time and time again. I’ll be happy if when I decide to sell down the road. Designed and manufactured in USA (except the ignition), and great service IF and when needed is huge plus for me. I’ll really be smiling when this bad boy is turning and burning on the front of my big H9 CAP 232 later this month!

Now for a beef I have and this might be better in another thread…. I’ve found that people apply the same (low ball’em) rule of thumb when somebody has a NEW item for sale. I definitely can understand trying to catch a good deal (why else are we here right?). Some of the offers I’ve received are just ‘plane’ ludicrous. I of course have the opportunity to say no and I’m very good at it! The question I want to ask is this; Even if the asking price is close to Tower why not help out your fellow modeler even if it’s 90 - 95% of the price?

Regards,
Bart
Old 04-13-2004, 03:23 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see our blue book for pricing

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...ubook-home.cfm
Old 04-13-2004, 06:04 PM
stalspin-delete

The unfortunate thing buying from an auction or anywhere in the market place is that,
you can't feel it to see if the bearings grind or any other condition the engine may be in.
So if you want a product You decide what the risk is and apply a price to it.
But once you buy it it falls into the catagory of "buyer beware" if you can't settle for that then don't get involved.
At any rate once you get the product, regardless of what it is don't expect the manufacturer to be overly willing to apply the original warranty. Most warrantes apply to the original purchaser only. Some manufacturers will give a break on the cost of repairing though if given have a chance. Course you could always bad mouth the manufacturer if they don't, Sound familiar Gerry
Old 04-13-2004, 06:33 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

Kind of off topic but...can someone explain to me why a manufacturer may no longer honor it's warranty when their product changes owners? A defect in materials or workmanship should warrant repair by the manufacturer whether or not it becomes apparent in the hands of the first, second, or third owner. This has always bugged me...
Old 04-13-2004, 07:08 PM
stalspin-delete

The problem is in a lot of the cases an engine has problems from misuse. If it can be proven that a problem is from manufacturer or workmanship defects then it is the manufacturer that has the burden to repair. But it is also the manufacturer that can tell if an engine has been abused. They ain't stupid.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:54 PM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

I don't belive misuse has anything to do with you being the original or 2nd owner. DA, 3W, and ZDZ will transfer the warranty to the second owner. It tells me that they have more faith in the quality and durability of their products than the manufacturers who don't transfer the warranty.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:16 AM
haroldpo6
My Feedback: (10)

to RCadmin. several have reported one saler to you that has 300 ads a month. i my case your reply was rude and said he was getting rid of some unwanted items, please. if someone buys and sales something for profit he is in business