Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Turbine manuals VIP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Turbine manuals VIP

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 03:36 PM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Turbine manuals VIP

Hi Fellow Turbine modelers

Just a quick note to all those new turbine guys coming on board. PLEASE, PLEASE try to spend some time at events or with your local turbine modeler ( even if it means driving a few hours ) before starting up your engine for the first time. Above all - READ the turbine manual thoroughly regardless of the make or model. If in doubt call, email, fax ...whatever the manufacturer or reps for clarification. I mention this because recently there have been a number of new guys calling me as to why they can't get their engines started or are experiencing system problems.

Some of the more common mistakes include : not using proper chargers for the ecu batteries, the use of propane only and not the recommended butane / propane mix, improper oil / fuel mixes, not priming the pump. Ground schools are important and try to get in on one as early as possible - it will save you $$ and frustration.

BTW don't be shy about asking to be included in another manufacturers ground school if your particular one is not available. All of today's commercially available engines feature autostart capablility. Hence the ground school sign off is applicable to ANY engine that features autostart. ( ie if you attend AMT it is good for JetCat or vice versa ).

Have a great summer and fly safe!
Old 06-26-2002, 02:12 AM
Chrism-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Dean,

Very good advice, well put,

BRG,
Chris
Old 06-28-2002, 03:41 PM
geink

HI,
does anybody know of a manufacture who makes gas turbine engines(turbo prop, heli and fan jet). I know there are a lot of turbo jets but i havent heard of gas turbines. thanks
Old 06-28-2002, 05:36 PM
rcav8tr

Default Gas Turbine Engines

Hi Geink

Actually, all the engine types you listed are gas turbines. The Heli, Turbo Prop and Turbo Fan variants just turn the exhaust gas velocity into mechnical work using a secondary turbine wheel or direct connection to the turbine shaft. Simjet is working on a turbo-prop and heli variant of their 1200 engine. Release date is, unfortunately, yet to be determined.

Ed