Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

ballance prob

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 09:59 PM
3ddave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ballance prob

Im building a 27 % ultimate from aeroworks , and its it done, but its tail heavy . Can I put the ignition batt and the receiver batt in the motor box would be a bad thing? The ignition box is mounted on the out side of the motor box?

Thanks

David
Old 04-29-2004, 11:30 PM
3ddave

Default RE: ballance prob

OH COME ON SOME ONE KNOWS ALL IM ASKING FOR IS A LITTLE HELP HERE!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2004, 07:26 AM
Roger_Martin

I would keep all RC components away from the ignition system, even if I had to use lead in the nose to achieve the correct CG.
Roger
Old 04-30-2004, 08:19 AM
3ddave

thanks,even the batteries, that would mean i need at least 2 to 3 pounds to get it to set level and I want to do 3 d with this plane. The plane is at 16 pounds now with a 50 cc bme i dont know how it would do at 18 -20 pounds before fuel.....man that stinks.

David
Old 04-30-2004, 08:36 AM
tonyc
My Feedback: (4)

I have done this before. The batteries were not right on top of each other but they were both at the front of the motor box. One was front left the other was front right. This gave me about 6 inches of seperation of the two batteries.

Try it and then do a range check on the ground. If there is a problem you will see it with the range check.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:55 AM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

how is it so tail-heavy? I'm finishing up mine, and the CG was dead-on. I have a DA-50 installed, with ign batt on the engine box. 2 2100mah ni-mh are installed just in front of the rudder servo. Where are you trying to set the CG? It's supposed to be right on the TOP wing tube. I checked my balance by wrapping a piece of string around the top wing tube and lifting straight up.