Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

How many channels

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

How many channels

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 06:30 PM
rms59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many channels

How many channels to I really need to fly an electric heli. I bought the Corona 120 with a brushless motor, and a futaba gyro. I want to buy a Hitec radio but am unsure exactly how many channels I need. I don't intend to go to gas, but maybe someday one with collective. I kind of like the park flyer type of heli's and am not interested in the big types. Thanks for the help in advance....
Dick
Old 09-18-2003, 10:23 PM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: How many channels

If you have the gy 240 gyro, all you need for the corona is a plain 4 channel radio.

However, if you have the gy 401, you need a 5th channel.

If you plan on getting a collective pitch heli in the future and can afford to spend the $, get a heli radio as you will need it. I own an Airtronics RD 6000 Super and it is an awesome radio. It does everything you'll ever need and has 8 model memory, easy to program and has very nice precise stick feel and looks great... The Hitec Eclipse radio is also a good choice. These are great choices without breaking the bank, yet has everything you need. Heck, even Alan Szabo Jr. uses an RD 6000 Super and he's a sponsored 3D pilot....
Old 09-19-2003, 07:51 AM
rms59

Thanks very much for making up my mind. A six channel it is.
(I have a 240 gyro coming)
Dick
Old 09-19-2003, 10:15 AM
Wright Flyer

Don't stop at 6. If you are looking for a good "entry level" radio that's capable of flying a collective pitch heli then either the RD6000 Super or the Hitec Eclipse 7 would fit the bill - personally I bought the Eclipse and love it.

Cliff
Old 09-21-2003, 02:23 AM
RebarDWG

why do you need an extra channel for the gy401?

I'm a piccolo fan right now, but i have plans on going gas. The raptor 50 v2 has caught my eye. Can I use the gy 240 on the raptor 50?
Old 09-21-2003, 12:06 PM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

The Gy 401 doesn't have a pot on the gyro itself for the gain control, the gains need to be adjusted by the radio.

The gy 240 should be just fine on a RAptor 50....
Old 04-30-2004, 02:31 AM
desert_rat

I have been looking at Szabo photos and it looks like he is holding a stylus. He doesnt promote airtronics much as I always thought he was a JR flyer.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:28 AM
swanne

if u are going to get a six channel radio, go with the JR6102. it has a six channel price and has fetures that normally only come with $1500 radios. it has a multi dot screen, 5-point throttle and pitch curves and it actually shows u the graph. that plus all the fetures that u would get on any other 6-chanel radio

go to [link=http://www.jrradios.com]http://www.jrradios.com [/link] to see some pics and all of the radios functions.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:55 AM
NeoGenesis
My Feedback: (27)

I've got an airtronics rd8000 and 6 recievers for sale right now. It's listed in the classified section.........take a peak if you are interested.

Neo