Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Chief Aircraft Service !

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 08:26 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chief Aircraft Service !

Sometime back I read a lot about how bad the service was from Chief R/C Aircraft. Well at the time in my reply I stated I had only purchased a couple of items from them and found them to provide acceptiable service, and I had not experienced anything that would allow me to state otherwise. Well That's changed. I am now on the thank you "Soap Box"

I ordered a H-9 330S from them on Friday, 4-23-04. The Fed-X man delivered it on Friday 4-30-04, That means they had to ship it out the day they received the order. Good service wouldn't you say.

I opened the box AFTER the Fed-X man left 02:15pm EST,and discovered that something, (looked like a fork lift arm, but I don't think Fed-X uses forklifts) had pierced the box the fuselage was in and pierced the fuselage.[&o] I picked up the phone and called Chief, They transfered my call to Customer Service rep. Ms. Joe Ann Harper.
Her line was busy so I left a short message and my numberon her machine thinking, oh well, I might have to call SEVERAL times to get this straight. WRONG !!!! Ms. Harper called me back within 15 minutes. This lady asked the proper questions, listened to what I had to say, took down the information and stated she would get back with me.

Within the hour she called me back and transfered me to Larry and instructed me to tell him what was damaged. Larry took the information and stated they did not stock replacement parts and he would have to get with someone else and Horizon to see what they were going to do about it. He would have to call me back. This was at 03:35pm EST.

At 05:00pm Larry called me back and informed me a replacement fuselage was to be drop shipped to me from Horizon.
AT 05:45 pm Joe Ann called to comferm shipping information and check to assure everything was corrected.

People, you cannot ask for better service than that. I was and still am impressed with the speed, efficiency , courtesy and concern Ms. Harper and Larry and Chief handeled this situation.

We are quick to burn those that we think do not provide proper customer service. I think we should be as quick to prase those that do provide service and take the attitude that your business is important to them.

Thanks Joe Ann and Larry. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:41 AM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Default RE: Chief Aircraft Service !

I agree 100% - I have had nothing but the best service and response from them. My guess is the whiners who complain went in with a 'holier then thou" attitude and pissed them off.

I bought some props from them - turned out to be the wrong ones (my fault) - I called, told them what I had done and that I already tossed the box - they sent me the right props and I sent the originals back and paid the difference...

Chief is a great company, especially if you live on the West Coast as stuff gets delivered faster for us out here!

DP
Old 05-01-2004, 10:10 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good, that's nice to know in case I buy something major from them. They have a lot of good products and their prices are very good.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:49 AM
didiwatt
My Feedback: (38)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good to hear they are changing their tune. I had several bad experiences with them and their attitude was uncaring. I even hate to visit their booth at trade shows cause their attitude was "holier than thou". Goes to show you what the power of RCU can do. Might give them another chance cause they deffinitely caring the products I like.
Paul
Old 05-01-2004, 09:01 PM
deputydog

I ordered the 330S also on a Thursday and the plane was on my doorstep the following Tuesday. I have had nothing but great service from Larry and Chief! Thanks Chief Aircraft.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:26 PM
JohnVH

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Paul, it depends who you talk to, I have met Larry, and he is great!
Old 05-01-2004, 11:03 PM
maguyver

I also ordered from chief A h-9 cessna on A wednesday it was on my door the following wednesday.
shipped I also ordered from chief A h-9 cessna on A wednesday it was on my door the following wednesday.
shipped across the country to N.Y. state I will definitely order from them again
Old 05-02-2004, 01:01 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Larry's cool [8D]
Old 05-02-2004, 08:06 AM
didiwatt

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

John:
Do you ask for Larry when you order? Was he at Puyalup? Gary Weaver and I were at the counter in Puyalup and wanted to look at the new BME 110 which was in the glass counter. The kid did not even want to take it out for us to look at. He had to go ask an older gentleman if he could take it out and show us. The older gentleman looked us over then said OK. Kind of ruined the experience for us.
Paul
Old 05-02-2004, 09:46 AM
JohnVH

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Paul, I do not, I had a bad experience at Puyallup as well, I told Gary about it too.... They lost a $2000 sale from me bacause of it. Making that worse, I helped them out for almost all day saturday and they could not return the favor. Oh well.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:50 AM
extragiles

I found Chief to have great service. The only problem is they jack up the prices of everything yhey sell. You can buy everything they sell directly from the manufacturer for less money. I have used Chief in cases of emergency and as I said the service is great I guess that is what you are paying for

Allenn
Old 05-02-2004, 10:40 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

From the amount of orders/cash I have spent with Cheif, I whould have to say they are a top shelf company!!
Any problems I have had with them were taken care of right away.
Larry as always been very helpful with me as well.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:34 PM
H. Wayne S

Jack there prices up ???[sm=confused.gif] I could not buy the plane I purchased from them for less from ANYONE including Horizon.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Dan767
My Feedback: (19)

Larry is the main reason I keep going back to Chief. That's where I purchased my Hangar 9 Sukhoi, and all the hardware for it.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:12 PM
3DSWEPED
My Feedback: (1)

Proof that even the blind bird finds worm, sometimes.
Chief AC treated me like crap, and several others that I know.
They will never see another dime from me, ever again.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:58 AM
H. Wayne S

Dog-gone-it, I know better, My wife has one of those double names one of which is Jo.
You know : Bettie Jo, Jo Ann; Jo Nell, Bonnie Jo; Bobbie Jo. and so on
Sorry about the "E" Ms. Jo Ann. I have been corrected.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:46 AM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

I purchased a new Moki 210 from Chief Aircraft. When I received the engine I looked it over and found the engine was locked up, frozen solid. 5 minutes after I got this new engine I called Chief to explain the problem. I was told to take the issue up with Gerald Enterprises. Who the heck is Gerald Enterprises? To avoid all the BS I fixed my new engine. Chief Aircraft still gets business from me if there pricing allows but they passed the buck on me. Did someone ask about Chief Aircraft service. My experience, Walt