Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

GP Pitts/QUADRA 42

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Marcos_Nieto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Pitts/QUADRA 42

Hi guys.
I’m in the process of building my GP 1/3 Pitts (I’m about to install engine and radio eq.). It is my first big bird project. I plan to use a QUADRA 42 as power plant and want to know if there is any experience on the combination plane/engine?? Any comet on performance, balance and prop size is welcome.
By the way, this ARF is a beauty, all parts fit extremely well and the building process is very straight forward. All angles and distances are reached effortless. GP did a great job
Thanks
Marcos
Old 04-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: GP Pitts/QUADRA 42

Hi Marcos,

I haven't had experience with that particular combo but it should fly fairly well with the Q42. My choice would have been a Zenoah G-62 for the added performance.

Put 2 degrees of right thrust in the engine to help with the left torque problem. That way takeoffs will be a lot straighter with less application of right rudder.

Probably an 18 x 10 or 20 x 8 prop would be a good choice.

By all means go by the manufacturers initial recommendation on balance. Adjust it later by 1/8" at a time if you need to.

I've seen several of those planes and really like them.

Ken
Old 05-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Marcos_Nieto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP Pitts/QUADRA 42

Ken thanks for your advise. I plan to use the Q42 with a 18x10.
I measured the firewall angle and is about 2 degrees. The angle you refer is additional to the one I measured??
I´ll post some pictures later on .
Thanks again
Marcos