Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Should have paid attention

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Should have paid attention

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 09:10 PM
krazy4rc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should have paid attention

Well I should have paid attention to some of the tips/suggestions in past posts about strengthening the maingear plates in the Composite-USA Eurosport. I had a few good landings and said that it wouldn't happen to me. Well it did. I came in for a landing in about 20knots wind. I didn't keep the power in and she came down like a Harrier. By the time the power was back in she had touched down a little hard on the mains. Well the mounting plates broke and the gear went right through the wing to the other side. I should have paid attention and laminate a carbon fibre plate on the existing plate. I did it on the nosegear and it is as solid as a rock except that the strut from Model Mechanics bent and the yoke crack on the first landing. The mains seem to be holding up. Take my stupid advice- beef up the landing gear mounts. I went on the site to order two new wing kits...$346 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might as well buy a new kit if I am going to pay that much for two wings. Goog flying model but some weak areas
Old 05-09-2004, 07:15 AM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

Default RE: Should have paid attention

wow thats a crazy price for the wings.
If you buy another and your scraping this one, let me know I may be interested in it.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:47 AM
krazy4rc
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Should have paid attention

I will try to repair the damage. If I can't i will consider sending to the damage wing