Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

opinions needed... car or truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Speedfrek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions needed... car or truck

I am in the market for a new back yard basher... I have a traxxas nitro something with a pro 15 it is a 1/10 stadium truck with and it is ok but I would like some more speed/performance out of my basher.

I was thinking about a savage but don't like how often I roll my truck now so I was thinking about a buggy? but like the 2 speed of the truck and the ride height... I am really confused and have no idea. There are no LHS for me to go see a buggy or a truck run I am the only one around with a nitro so have no base to make a decision.

Please help
thanks
Old 05-14-2004, 07:57 PM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: opinions needed... car or truck

well by the sounds of the car you have now i think it sould possibly be a nitro rustler and if so i suggest you keep it and visit www.towerhobbies.com for hop ups when fully done up your car will push past 60 mph! but if you dont want to keep here is some info buggysare usually more durable but are harder to get parts for in some cases and, stadium trucks are not as fast as buggys but you can get more hops ups eg aluminium suspension arms etc
Old 05-16-2004, 08:35 AM
hopesfall

Uh..i really would not stick with that rustler. Trust me on this. If your looking at buggies, several good choices include:

XTM xterminator (delux or originial)
Ofna 9.5
Ofna 9.5 mbx
Ofna ultra mbx pro (or standard, i think the pro is a better value)
Ofna Violator
Hot bodies lightning 2 rr

I did not include the hyper 7 as i feel these are a bit more suited to bashing. Dont get me wrong though, the hyper 7 is a awesome car, as a matter of fact iv driven it and its pretty great, but these offer extremely similar if not more then equal performance for a tad bit lower price.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:20 PM
mr_exon

trucks are great and very fast off the line
but they break as fast as they can go

1/8 buggys are like tanks hit a wall and still run
but cost BLING BLING

2 trucks for the price of a good buggy

think about that befor you get one

if you are a new to the SPORT then just get the buggy gett a offna hyper-7 pbs
good deal for 450$US dont pay any more then that thoght that means dont go to towerHby

PS tower is a good company but thay jack a extra 50 bucks on all there cars[:'(]
Old 05-17-2004, 04:24 PM
mr_exon

dont get the ofna (9.5) though it is too wide

you cant race it!!!!!!!

and when you get a new buggy, it will feal way too loose for you

i think the 9.5 is 2+ inch wider then a standered buggy
Old 05-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Unspoken

i dont think its a nitro rustler,unless its really old i think it is a nitro sport se and if it is i do suggest a new truck because it is a nooby truck jsut to teach you how to tune and such but if it is a N rusty keep it.with some good hopups those things are nuke proof and fast as hell. jsut my 2 cents
Old 05-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Speedfrek

It might be a rustler but not for sure... I have put all alum. threaded shocks and moved the batteries around on the chassie to get a better hookup and better lap speeds around the parking lot at work So I have an idea about setting up a car and I have been building ski engines for years and took my turn at these little things... I taper bored the carb done some porting and polishing on it and built my own cooling head so I kinda have an idea of how to tune the little fire breather also.. but I would like something to make it throught the grass when I happen to head it off of the driveway.

I have been looking at used EBAY stuff for so long that I know what will sell and what won't by the reserve price. I have decided on a buggy BUT should I buy a NEW buggy or find a good deal on a used buggy with some extra stuff included??
Old 05-17-2004, 10:42 PM
Unspoken

do you have a digi camera? can you post a pick?i might be able to tell you.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Speedfrek

I went to the Traxxas site and downloaded the exploded views and mine doesn't have the belcrank steering so it is a Sport.

I had some pictures but don't know If they made it to my new puter or not. There are a few on my website of when I first bought it off of ebay... A long time ago the address is........ Well hell I had what it was on my website..... http://community.webshots.com/user/speedfrek I didn't remember I did replace the motor soon after the pictures... Ha how time flys I have had this thing since Feb 2002...