Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Hanger9 120 Cap

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 01:18 PM
taildragger101
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger9 120 Cap

Hi guys, need some advise. 120 cap, anyone try a G26 on this plane. I bought one at a show and needed some work. I have it done but need some help on choosing the engine. I would like to stay with a gasser Plane weighs 10 pounds without radio gear. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:53 PM
southern_touch99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger9 120 Cap

Only 10 lbs with the gasser? That sounds like a low figure to me???Maybe not. I have flown several of these, only one with a gasser (a quadra 42). The airplane was STILL TAILHEAVY (which I usually go for) but it flew like mud to be honest with you. The snaps seemed to be real washy and the aircraft seemed like it wanted to tip stall at lower speeds. Of course I have flown this model with a satio 1.80 in it and it was FAR too tail heavy ( I had to add a pound of weight and it still "squatted" in air.) I called horizon and they said...hmmmm well I dont know, maybe take the foam out of the back of the aircraft with acetone or move the mount forward. NOT ON AN ARF. If your looking for 3D I would honestly not go there but if you want to learn IMAC it should be alright.