Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

XP 652 elevator dual rate trim changes

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 12:50 PM
dmorse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP 652 elevator dual rate trim changes

When I switch elevator rates with the elevator d/r switch, the trim center position changes. Transmitter is a XP652. receiver is JRPR236 . This is the third plane I am flying on this transmitter, but the first time I have used it in ZPC. With the 2 other planes I use PPM, and don't have this problem with them. Thanks for your help!
Old 07-10-2002, 01:13 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a couple possibilities there. It sounds like either the elevator pot is not centered in the gimbal correctly, or it is slipping or has slipped and is no longer centered. But the change in modulation should have nothing to do with it. It should affect PPM, SPCM, and ZPCM all the same. It sounds like you should probably send it in to have it checked out. I hope this helps!
Old 07-11-2002, 05:03 PM
Big Baron
My Feedback: (30)

Default 652 Trim changes with dual rate

I have the same problem but with ailerons.

It gets worse when the percentage between low and high rate is greater. Expo, diff or any aileron function also affect trim.

What do think?

Big Baron
Old 07-11-2002, 05:13 PM
dsnyder

That sounds like it would be the same issue, only here it is the aileron pot not being centered. That should be possible to correct if sent in to the service center.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:40 PM
dmorse

Default fix

Danny, thanks for the reply. The elevator pot was out of adjustment. the reason I didn't see any problem on my other planes was the difference between high & low rates was minimal
compared to the new plane (Cap 232) which I had set up with a huge difference in elevator rates (normal/3D) I gently moved the pot until there was no difference and the problem went away. Only question is how tight should it be, and what holds it down tight? I know it should really be sent in, but I'm a stubborn do it yourself person who can't make it through the weekend without my JR ! Thanks, David
Old 07-12-2002, 05:18 PM
dsnyder

That is certainly understandable!!! The pot is usually held from rotating with some contact cement around it. It is held in place with a clip of some type, but is held from rotating with contact cement. You can add a little glue of some type along the lines of some contact cement to hold it centered. Add the adhesive and let it sit and try not to move it much while it is curing. After it sets up, you should be fine.