Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Heli-world

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 08:06 AM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli-world

I don't know if any of you order accesories from Heli-world. I did last week. I ordered two aluminum servo arms for $7.50 each. On there website they list "$0.00" for shipping charges and state that shipping will be added at time of shipment as they prefer to charge based on actual postage and weight of package etc, in order to save the customer money. I received my two servo arms, in a regular brown envelope and was amazed to find an invoice for $7.50 in shipping charges! A bit high in my opinion for shipping two servo arms via USPS. $7.50 in the grand scheme of things is nothing when considerng the cost of models today, but if I knew before hand that shipping $15 worth of merchandise in a plain brown envelope would be $7.50, I probably would not have orderd in the first place. Just want you guys to be aware.

I sent them an email a few days ago questioning the charge and have receive no reply to date.

Ryan
Old 06-19-2004, 10:32 PM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

Default RE: Heli-world

Are they the same as giantscaleplanes.com?????

I wouldn't order anymore from them if that's how they treat you.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Ouch![:@] I just sent some servos to a guy and I sent it in a 'medium box', for protection but it was only 10' by 6-7" wide and 2 inches thick, I sent it air and they automatically assume Priority Overnight next morning! Yeah, $20, either way though, I got the servos to him the next day and he should have no excuse for not flying his plane today.
Old 06-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

Capthis,

I believe Heli-world is a different company than Giant Scale Planes.