Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Looking for a place to buy large planes and equiment

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Looking for a place to buy large planes and equiment

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 09:26 PM
D Mclaughlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a place to buy large planes and equiment

There are several members in our club that have spent thousands of dollars through alot of different companies this year and we all have gotten the big BS treatment , like "yes it is in stock and we will ship it out today" NOT !!!![:@] three weeks later you might get part of what you ordered... I think what I am trying to say is of the people we have used the only ones that do what they say is Tower,Horizon,Troy Built . These places WILL NOT LIE about in stock items.

June 3 I ordered A kit , My credit card was charged on the 3rd ,the plane did not ship until the 9th. today is the 17th and I still do not have it

January 14 I ordered A DA 50 ,Muffler, CF prop , spinner, and a CF landing gear($779.51) ,,,"yes it is in stock " NOT !!! I recieved the first shippment about two weeks later and only got the prop and spinner the rest was delivered in March

This is just some of my story . We have several members with similer problems . If I could get away with saying the names of these places I would post them .

If you know of any GOOD companies post them . If you want to know the bad send and e-mail to me.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:47 PM
coony2787
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: Looking for a place to buy large planes and equiment

June 3 I ordered A kit , My credit card was charged on the 3rd ,the plane did not ship until the 9th. today is the 17th and I still do not have it
This is aeroworks the reason i know is because it is my airplane that he is waiting on that me and him traded on , They are just slow and liers , if something is not in stock folks should say so !!!!!!!!!!! Not lie and say they are and 2 1/2 weeks later still no plane and can't even give you a tracking number [:@].

January 14 I ordered A DA 50 ,Muffler, CF prop , spinner, and a CF landing gear($779.51) ,,,"yes it is in stock " NOT !!! I recieved the first shippment about two weeks later and only got the prop and spinner the rest was delivered in March

This was from cheif aircraft , cause at the same time i ordered a DP edge and a ZDZ 50 i got the plane 2 weeks later and then a month and a half later i received the engine.

This crap has got to stop and i think that we should boycot these liers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:@].

Sorry but this is just a sore subject with me !!!!!!! And just wish i could find liable shops that will back up what pours out of there mouths instead of excuses excuses!!!!!!!!

Heck it does not bother me to wait on things but tell me one thing but something else happens is a lie , heck most shops can't even send a tracking number that is any good !!!!!!!!!!!

Chad
Old 06-17-2004, 09:52 PM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

If you think that you, the end user are the only one getting a bum deal, think again. I know of hobby stores where they are getting similar treatments on containers full of goods, many thousands of dollars worth of stuff that's already paid for, and getting similar stories when inquiring about an update. I understand how a dealer either has something in stock or they don't, but they may give erroneous information as victims of their own suppliers.
You could tell them, when putting in the order, that you want a tracking number, or you'll dispute the charge, or something to that effect.
DKjens
Old 06-17-2004, 10:03 PM
coony2787

If there product is stuck on some ship somewhere why not just tell me that ?? I would understand that. I understand that things get lost in shipping.

I dont understand when you ask " Do you have this item in stock" and they say " Hold on " a minute later they come back on the line and say " Sure we have 27 in stock we can ship it out today " Then 2 1/2 weeks later still no product and can't provide a tracking number and say we'll just give it a few more days .

Chad
Old 06-19-2004, 12:34 AM
D Mclaughlin

Ok, still another day and no kit !!! Anyone know of any business that will do what they say ?
Old 06-19-2004, 05:32 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Man I hate you all are having problems I can't understand it. I order a H-9 330S from Chief and it is shipped the very day I call in the order. Same with a Christian Eagle, same with a 3W engine, as a matter of fact I buy a lot of stuff from Chief and I have always received prompt service. NOW> When and if you go to there site and it says "out of stock" and you still order it, you can't expect them to ship something they don't have.
Aeroworks, well I have never ordered anything from them because every time I have called them they tell me they are out of stock and expect it whenever. They have always told me no guarantees on when the boat would come in. So I turn my attention elsewhere.
If you constantly receive bad service from a vendor, stop ordering from them.
Do what your doing here, warn others.
DO NOT BE AFRAID TO NAME NAMES !!! That is what this site is about. Sharing experiences and helping ---and asking for help.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:44 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

I can say Troy Built is first rate, as is Don's Hobby Shop- he has an ad in rc modeler and can be found on the web, but calling him is the best bet, his website is lame. Anyone had experience with Odessa Rc Hobby? They have killer prices! Oh yeah, RC Superstore will always come through with great service and prices- ask for caleb and tell him sheldon sent you.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:51 AM
coony2787

Troy built is a very reliable place to buy your accessories from , but they dont sell any airframes [:-].

Chad
Old 06-19-2004, 08:51 PM
coony2787

Old 06-19-2004, 09:13 PM
Dannyrb

I understand your frustration. I have ordered over $4,000 dollars worth of RC items from Cheif Aircraft in the past 12 months. Most of the items order were received only after me making untold telephone calls, and e-mail messages to them. They will rarely give you a truthful answer as to when you can expect to Receive an item.

My latest order is a a Wing Bag. I needed the bag ASAP. To be sure that it was in stock I called them. I spoke with Dana, he said the bag was in stock and would be shipped out the next day UPS ground. Approximately two weeks later, no wing bag. I called Cheif and spoke with Larry. He said they were out of stock and would not be received until around May 15th. I asked him to please keep me aware of the order status and gave him my e-mail address. As of date, June 19th, no wing bag and no correspondence from them.

I haven't been in RC but for about twelve months. Already, I have a list of vendors that I will do little or no business with.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:31 AM
OSilfa
My Feedback: (2)

The Best so farrr DON'S HOBBY SHOP, Don a Juddy is the best i can find and for me is more difficult than yours because i live in Dominican Republic (caribbean).

OScar Silfa
Old 06-20-2004, 09:04 PM
FormerCA.
My Feedback: (8)

Dons is the way to go-very good service.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:33 PM
coony2787

Do you all have a link to there site ??

Chad
Old 06-21-2004, 01:19 AM
Bob101

I dunno. If a company told me they had an item in stock but then it took months to get it I wouldn't have waited that long. I would have called them up and cancelled the order - if they gave me the least bit of resistance I would have called my credit card company - telling someone it's in stock and will ship is fraud. If they put it in writing via email even easier to prove.

I guess companies get like that because too many people let them slide.