Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Hummingbird CP Vs zoom 400

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hummingbird CP Vs zoom 400

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 08:16 PM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hummingbird CP Vs zoom 400

Hi

I've owned a dragonfly Fp heli but wanted to upgrade to a CP micro chopper. GWS don't make a CP version of the dragonfly yet do they?

Failing the dragonfly option which would be better the Hummingbird Cp or the Zoom 400. I know that the Zoom is nearly double the price, and is a little bigger ( but i don't know by how much) . can the larger Zoom still be flown indoors?

thanks
Old 06-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Joe K
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hummingbird CP Vs zoom 400

I too have been looking at these two birds.
I have a LMH 110 and was thinking on getting a Corona, but I hate thinking of paying the asking price. There are so many cheaper higher quality collective pitch heli coming out on the market.
Plus the fact that LITE Machine will not even update there web site let alone offer upgrades for there own heli. I fear they won’t be around befor long and parts will be hard to come by.

So here is the question I wish to know, how well do the Hummingbird Cp or the Zoom 400 handle crashes?
I here the Hummingbird Cp is tough, that it just comes apart instead of breaking.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:55 PM
marked23

The Zoom 400 has a variable pitch tail that is shaft driven off the main motor.
The Hummingbird CP has a separate motor hanging out on the tail.

I have a HB CP. I have not seen a Zoom 400 in person, but I have seen all the online videos. I would say, based on the tail mechanics alone, that the Zoom is considerably better than the HB CP. However both helis are new models. Who knows what kinds of upgrades will improve them. Also, who knows when (or if) parts will become readily available.

-Mark
Old 06-27-2004, 08:46 PM
helamonster
My Feedback: (1)

HELLO IF YOUR INTRESTED I HAVE FOR SALE A TOTALLY MODIFIED HBIRD IT HAS A COMPLETE HORNET CP SYSTEM TITANIUM SHAFT MOD. CF PLATE FOR SERVOS HBIRD FRAME EDF40H ON JMP TAIL FIN , BALL IN SWASH , ETC. NO ELECTRICS FLOWN 20 TIMES WOULD TAKE 105.00 SHIPPED US EMAIL IS [email protected]
Old 06-28-2004, 03:21 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I take it that the Hummingbird CP still has the "doughy" feel to the tail controls? I found my FP Dragonfly alittle slow to respond at times. Can you run Li-po's on standard HB electrics?