Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Low battery Warning?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Low battery Warning?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 03:24 AM
Freakazoid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low battery Warning?

Hi all,

I was wondering, how do lipoly flying pilots know when to stop before theire bird drops down with a flat battery?

With my NiHm powered dragonfly I can notice when the output gets sluggish and when I need to push the throttle up more.

But how do you know with a lipoly power Zoom 400?

Ive heard lipoly has the tendancy to go from powerfull to dead as a doornob in just seconds.
Should I learn how to preform autolandings then? Or is there some kind of hardware that starts beeping or something?
Old 06-29-2004, 04:48 AM
jbalat

Default RE: Low battery Warning?

Believe me that you will know when you lose power (especially with a heli). The moment you lose power you should land and switch off since the cells can die if the voltage gets too low.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:33 AM
Freakazoid
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Low battery Warning?

Ah, so the battery wont die like a brick on water? It ll gradually get flat, with atleast enough time to set er down?

My friend has found something that might provide with a little more security.

This thing starts beeping at a certain voltage, so I know when to stop, and save the pack from exausting itself. Is this a method commonly used, or doesnt it work that well?