Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Fuel questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 08:42 AM
ch2s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel questions

I had gotten only a 1 quart bottle of fuel in case it was crap, it was $12.99 CAD (about $9.60 US) and lasted for just over 3 tanks which could have more than easily been used in one afternoon. That would me like $10-20 US of gas per day of use, is it cheaper in larger quantities? That is pretty expensive for a few hours of use.

BTW is the exhaust supposed to smell absolutely horrible and iritate the eyes and nose severely (a trail of exhaust goes past my face and I am blinded and have a sort of pain in the eyes and nose)?

Thanks
Old 07-02-2004, 08:46 AM
infernoMP

Default RE: Fuel questions

Fuel isn't cheap by any means. However if you're planning on doing a lot of running buying it by the 4 gallon case is the way to go. You can buy four gallons of sidewinder race fuel from Towerhobbies.com for a really good price. I purchased 4 gallons of Sidewinder 20% race fuel for $85 approximately. I guess the smell of the exhaust is personal preference....I for one LIKE the smell of it. The blinding of the eyes and nose is completely normal ....methanol and nitro had a tendency to do that. BTW what kind of fuel did you buy?
Old 07-02-2004, 08:48 AM
smitty70
My Feedback: (5)

Yes, nitro will burn your eyes. Glow fuel is alot cheaper by the gallon at your lhs. If you order it and have it shipped the shipping is outragous because it is a hazardous chemical.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:47 PM
ch2s

I got PowerMaster 20% Nitro Formula 16 car fuel.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:18 PM
pbmax

Sorta smells like soap to me, does nasty stuff to your eyes and nose, so don't breathe it!!

Doesn't hurt nearly as much as breathing CA glue fumes though...I thought I'd gotten some in my eye the first time it hit me cuz it stung so bad, but it was just the fumes!!
Old 07-03-2004, 02:53 AM
racer man05

i love the smell off odonnel 20% comeing from my buggies O.S. VZ-B, lol