Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Another stupid question, Tank hookup on gas Engines.

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Another stupid question, Tank hookup on gas Engines.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Mike2735
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another stupid question, Tank hookup on gas Engines.

Please help me. I am building and Ultra Hots with a 84 in wingspan. I have purchased a Zenoah G62 to mount up front. My problem is I have never used a gasser and need to know how to hook up the fuel lines. I have read the manual from cover to cover at least 10 times and it never mentiones how to plum the motor. I know the muffler doesn't have a pressure line but I also know that you have to run a vent line or something to to the fuel tank so the engine can suck fuel. Any help will be greatly appeciated.

Thanks,

Mike Moore
Greenville, NC
Old 07-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Warren
My Feedback: (72)

Default RE: Another stupid question, Tank hookup on gas Engines.

Hey Mike.

Easiest is two lines.

One the vent; run it outside to the bottom of the plane.

Main line to carb. You can then put a T fitting in the main line for a fill line. Fill it there and then plug it. The carb will not allow fuel into it unless the motor is running.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

That will be a killer airplane, they were made for the G38..Be sure you strengthen it....
All gasser carbs have a built in pump so the G62 needs only a line to the carb from the clunk in the tank and another line in the tank for a vent, just like a glow engine..You probably won't have a cowl on the Hots, so you can fill the tank by taking off the line at the carb and filling from that...The vent line goes out the bottom of the fuselage...The best fuel line is seamless black neoprene, not Tygon...Tygon gets hard after a while and loosens up on the fitting...Neoprene works best for the clunk in the tank also....
Old 07-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Mike2735
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks Guys,

I thought that it how it had to be done but it always pays to verify before your brand new plane takes a nose dive with no power.

And by the way, I am making it stronger. I have built it with plug in wings on 2 wing tubes. Reinforcement at the fuselage and more reinforcement at the firewall. Twin servos on each wing half. Twin servos on a pull-pull rudder and single servos on each elevator half.

I plan to use a 24 oz tank. Too big? not big enough?

Thanks,

Mike Moore,
Greenville, NC
Old 07-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Should be enough, you won't be running over half throttle most of the time