Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

advice please

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 02:50 AM
Jowee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice please

i wanna get an electric helicopter and im not sure which one. I would like to buy a RTF, just because it is much cheaper, but i would also like one that i can upgrade later. I have never run one befor but i have flown a plane a few times, but that was about a year ago. How hard is flying a helicopter? Any advice would be great.

thanks
joey
Old 07-16-2004, 05:08 AM
tweaksalot

Default RE: advice please

The learning curve is for learning to fly is very steep. If your heli is not set up properly. . . good luck flying, if you want to stick with micro electric helis i recommend a FP heli. Just read the forums. . . there are endless amounts of information and our most common problems with these things
Old 07-18-2004, 12:55 AM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: advice please

NOW FOR THE POSITIVE SIDE OF IT...........

Heres some mistakes not to make, and why!............[X(]

1) Micro helis are great, BUT if you plan on flying outside, Dont get a micro heli, the slightest breeze and they will crash!
They are designed for indoor flying mostly, and if your an average homeowner I'm sure your living room isn't big enough, Dont try
it, Unless you have access to a large Gym or warehouse!

2) Get a Fixed Pitch Helicopter, Collective is Nice But if your just starting out You will already have your hands full! With most fixed
Pitch helicopters, their is no tracking or blade balancing needed, Thats A Major headache Off your back right their alone...!

3) Get something about 2.5 or 3 pounds in weight, so that it will be a stable flyer in a 5 to 12mph wind.

4) Get a Heli that requires a normal 4 channel radio only, A complex heli radio will confuse you.

5) Stay away from computer radios......!

6) Build it yourself from a kit so that you can make repairs later and Learn how things work on your heli...!

7) Get a G2 Flight simulator for your computer, and Practice, practice, practice (You won't Regret it, Worth every penny).....

8) My Recommendation is the CORONA 120 Electric Helicopter, It has everything I've just Described in Steps 1 - 7.
Its Easy to Repair, Not exspensive for parts and can be upgraded and take a beating.....[X(]

Lots of people are going to tell you to get all kinds of High end things so that you wont have to buy it later, Such as collective pitch, computer radios that are 5,6 or 7 channels. That may be true, But if you start off with all the bells and fancy whistles, your going to get confussed and discusted, Helicopters are complicated by themselves, KEEP IT SIMPLE.......[:@]

THE REASON IM GIVING THIS ADVICE IS BECAUSE I WENT THROUGH ALL THIS CRAP, AND NOW KNOW THE DO's and DONT'S AND LEARNED TO FLY MYSELF................