Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

TLT-1 Question for Wookie, or whoever else knows

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

TLT-1 Question for Wookie, or whoever else knows

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 06:35 PM
cheesy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TLT-1 Question for Wookie, or whoever else knows

My TLT-1 came in yester day as well as all the parts you recomended to raise it. I spent about 6 hors putting it togther yesterday using just the stock parts. This morning I replaced the links and spent a while working on the dogbones. In the end however, the RS4 dogbones came up short, and when the truck flexes too much the plastic caps on the ends of the links seem to be under a lot of strees, bending slightly in some cases. I used the traxxs 82mm turnbuckles for the lower links, and cut the others down to 79mm for the upper links, and put the 47mm turnbuckles in place of the pushrods. I tightned all the endcaps on perty close to as far as they would go, in order to secure them as well as help the dogbone fit. The dogbones are 57.2mm HPI RS4 3. I dont know what went wrong allong the way, but the dogbones still fall out. Im going to hobby town tomorow to pick up new shocks, and will probably get new dogbones while im at it, but any helf in the mean time would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-14-2004, 08:28 PM
Wookie
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: TLT-1 Question for Wookie, or whoever else knows

You need to put the 79mm links on the bottom and cut the top links to 68mm. This will keep your links from falling out. Your dogbones are fine, your links are just a little long.

With the pushrod set up the ball links do flex a lot, it's not a problem though. That was one reason for going to my current laydown shock set up. The laydown method also gives me a lot more articulation.

With the shorter stretch you may not be able to use the laydown method like I'm using, unless you use shorter shocks, such as associated's buggy front shocks.

In this picture you can see how I have my shocks in a laid down method.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:30 PM
cheesy

thanks man, I'm still probably gonna check out hobby town to see if they have any dogbones that fit, if not I'll be cuttin the links back down
Old 07-18-2004, 02:38 AM
Cisco

let me guess,
The part # for the HPI dogbones you ordered were 86036 right?
I did the same thing. I ordered mine fron Tower Hobbies.
They list the length as 57.2mm but they measure from end to end, not pin to pin.
You need 57mm from pin to pin. The correct HPI part number is A553.
I was lucky enough to find mine at a local store.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:51 AM
cheesy

I went to hobby town while i was in college station this weekend and picked up a dogbone from a HPI Nitro 3 (there was only one in stock there). It should fit perfectly once i pollish doen the ball. When it does im gonna order another from towerhobbies, as well axel wideners, tires and wheels.