Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Problem With a Futaba S9451 Servo. Please help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Problem With a Futaba S9451 Servo. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 11:06 PM
c666187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem With a Futaba S9451 Servo. Please help!

Hello,

I have a 2 month old S9451 Servo that has locked up on me. I am using it for my throttle servo on a 1/8 scale off-road Gas Car Mugen MBX-5. It was working fine this evening, and I switched off and disconnected everything as usual. When I got home I tried to run it and it just sits there and makes a faint humming noise. I tried to connect it to the steering channel of the receiver and it does the same thing. All the batteries are charged and there is another S9451 on the steering that works fine. I can turn the servo gear by hand with the power on, but with the power on it acts locked? I did not try to force it by any means, did not want to damage it.

Do you have any suggestions or Ideas of what could have happened to it? Like I said it is only 2 months old. If not do you have any idea what is wrong and if so roughly what it would cost to repair it if needed.

I want to continue using this great servo if at all possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

-c666187
Old 07-17-2004, 01:32 AM
maxmod

Default RE: Problem With a Futaba S9451 Servo. Please help!

take off the casing and have a look at the gears it is probably something that has gone wrong there or it could also be the chip board look for any signs of a burnout.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:06 AM
c666187

I have opoened the servo, there is no sign of burnout, and the gears look fine. After removing the metal gears, the small geat the protrudes upward from the electronics will not turn, I have to asssume that there is a problem with the electronics. I wonder what would cause this? I have not ran my car but maybe 3/4 of a gallon total? Oh well, thank you for the response. -c666187
Old 07-17-2004, 11:40 AM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

Out of curiousity, did you remove the little white sealant over the servo leads on the circuit board? If your signal wire came loose, it will lock it in place because it has no signal but it does have power. It happened to my 9402 last week. Just resolder the wires and reseal it wil silicone and you are fine.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:03 PM
c666187

No I didnt, I will try that when I get home. Stuck at work for a little while today (On Satirday). Thanks -c666187
Old 07-19-2004, 06:12 PM
dg2b

Futaba has a good customer service. Since it is only two months old, it should still be under warranty. I have used Futaba's service in the past (S9351) and their turn around time is good.