Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

WHAT THE JABO II?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

WHAT THE JABO II?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 12:46 PM
Robinson RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT THE JABO II?

"Scotty we need more power!!"

I just got my Jabo II. It doesnt seem to climb very well. I have read other posts that talk about twisting more pitch in to the blades. I did this but still i'm not getting much vertical performance(sometimes none). Is the johnson motor more powerful? Do I need bigger batteries(it came with 800 8.4 volt I think)? Any ideas?

Ryan
Old 07-16-2004, 09:02 AM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: WHAT THE JABO II?

my last name is robinson lol
Old 07-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Robinson RC

Thats great!! But I still dont have any power. Im wondering if a cp system would help and if anyone knows where and how much this would cost.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:58 PM
justin_92_92

you have everything stock and it dont lift? How do you charge your batteries? stock wall charger? if so do you charge them for 2 hours? Mine got really hot after about an hour so I unplugged it for about 30 minutes then started the second hour. Did you use a hair dryer to bend the blades...it helps. Not much bending should be needed though stock. Have you taken this apart or is it out of the box problem. Can you take pictures of this to help me? I will fix your problem one way or another fellow robinson.lol
Old 07-19-2004, 11:05 PM
JohnY2004

In order to low the learning curl, which upgrade would help? Swashplate w/ moded brass ball or just a swash ball from like90.com? How do you take that metal pin(jb-1016a) out of the connecting drive rod (jb-1016)? And once that metal pin is removed, is it reusable?

Regarding Johnson 250 motor, correct me if i'm wrong; I looked at the specs of this motor at allelectronics.com website: 10k rpm @3Vdc @ 400mA w/o load. What's the operating voltage for this motor? Is it 1.5-3Vdc? or 3-6Vdc? Jabo2 delivers a little bit higher than 6Vdc to the motor at full throttle. If we use J250 motor on Jabo at full throttle, would the rpm be 20k, & 800mA? With so much current being drawn, would it fry that 4-in-1 board?

It's quite impressed of the durability and reliability of jabo2. I've had 20+ crashes from various heights from 2-10 fts in the air, only cracked part of the tail blade. CA-ed, and it flies again. At full throttle, it has lifted 8fts in the air in less than 5 secs.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:20 AM
swanne

My aadvice is to get some wooden blades and a beter motor. the swash mod wont do much to the head speed

swanne
Old 07-20-2004, 07:40 AM
justin_92_92

yeah the swahball in or the molded one is the same thing just one is installed. push the pin through with something small....it is reusable vut you may want more incase you lose it. I have went through about 3 of these. Not bad for 2 helicopters though.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:59 PM
Robinson RC

Ya everything is stock I just got the thing about a week ago. I have tried the wall charger and also one called the "Activator" or something like that. I get vertical flight for about maybe 2 minutes if even that. I do wonder if it is my charger but then again I have a 2 cell lipoly 1700 and same deal. I'll try a blow dryer to add more pitch. So what about the johnson? At $1.00 (if i can find one) should I try that? Where do I get wood blades and how much?
Old 07-20-2004, 07:31 PM
justin_92_92

wood blades are 21.00 I believe at www.like90.com the johnson motor should be there too but there motor is all set up for you at 9.99 If you want a regular 1.00 motor let me know and we can work something out.....by the way...can I get a pic...something might be broke that i could see nice and easy.......had any crashes with this.......does your main gear stay on the pinion of the motor? sometimes they slide off and you need a collor for them but I believe yours has a sleeve already. A pic is worth a thousand words...and a few pics is worth a pat on the back.