Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

New servo

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 02:57 PM
lachef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New servo

I just got a new servo for my Jabo(aka. Dragonfly). However the new servo seems to be reversed and is having trouble moving in one direction. Is this a wiring issue? I am not sure what is going on with it not moving right. Down on the tx moves the arm up and vice versa. The new servo is a dragonfly servo.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:44 PM
J-a-s-o-n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New servo

I'm no expert but if it was mine i would try flipping the connector around then plug it in the board. Where did you get the servo from? I'm needing one myself.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:08 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New servo

hmmm... I don't think that turning the connector around will revers the direction of a servo.
I do think that it will let smoke the componnents.

Travel direction is set on the transmitter. Most transmitters have switches to reverse serovs. Some transmitters have those switches in the battery compartment (so that you can acidentally swtch one in flight). Some have the reverse setting control in computerized settings.

Having the movement work differently on one half of travel compared ot the other half may indicate a bad servo. Gears often get stripped. Try the other servo in that channel and see if you get the same results. If they are differnt, consider getting a new servo, or possible a gearset for the old one.