Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Split tail boom

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Split tail boom

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 02:38 PM
soulfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Split tail boom

I noticed that my rear tail motor and rotos assembly kept twisting, and had to be twisted back square to the heli, after closer inspection my tail boom is split B( although the good news is a replacement is cheap!

How does the reartail motor/rotor assembly fix to the boom? is it glued? I can't seem to find any screws....

oh btw, it's a Jabo2.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-05-2004, 04:32 PM
Freakazoid
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Split tail boom

Probably its epoxyd in place. Just try and drill out the remains of the broken tail, and make sure its glued back on the new boom exacly as it was. (As some helis have theire tail rotor slightly pitched, dont know if thats the case with a JABO though.)
Old 08-05-2004, 05:00 PM
JohnY2004

I'm not so sure what kind of adhesive they used for assembling a tail housing and the boom stick together. I don't think they used ca glue. Mine isn't so bad, I only have to twist it back horizontally on heavy crash or hard landing. If you find out what type of adhesive should be used for the tail and tail rotor, please let us know.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:23 PM
TheFish

Has anybody tried using acetone? I know it will work to remove super glue. The problem is I don't know what it will do to carbon fiber.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:43 PM
soulfly

I fixed my split tail boom and secured the tail motor assembly......with sticky tape and superglue!!!

Sounds crude I know, but it worked excellent! Just had my first (newbie) flight since the 'accident' and while I expected the heli to but totally uncontrollable, it's solid as a rock!!

Last night I was ready to sell the damn thing on Ebay, now I love it! I dunno what's changed from previous attempts to today, maybe the tail motor/rotor assembly was loose outta the box and that's why it wasn't very stable? I was so surprised how it flew today, even managed to get about a 5 second hover, almost completely still! I'm waiting for the spare battery to charge for flight No. 2!
Old 08-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Freakazoid
My Feedback: (1)

Enjoy your heli. Maybe the extra weight of the tape contributed to the stability. You know heavier helis are more stable in flight.