Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

FRIED MY TAILMOTOR SPEED CONTROL

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

FRIED MY TAILMOTOR SPEED CONTROL

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Dirt_Devil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FRIED MY TAILMOTOR SPEED CONTROL

Took my CP HB out to fly for the first time today since I got it all together. After getting it into the air for about 1-2 min the tail motor (direct drive) started going nuts....quicly sat the heli down and the tail motor esc is on fire....EEEKK [X(]

Hope someone knows what I may have done wrong. I am running 3 cel lipo 1500, brushless himax 4100, castle brusless speed control 25, csm2000 hh gyro, HF-100 256 High Frequency Tail Controller

Help!!! My question is what could have happend to the tail speed controller...has anyone else had an issue like this and what to do to correct this???

DD
Old 08-06-2004, 12:27 AM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: FRIED MY TAILMOTOR SPEED CONTROL

mabey you need a better tail esc....not sure what the cp would call for though......ever try a pixi 7p? did your tail get stopped by an object for any length of time or anything or just flying and it freaked... ps: this is why you always need to buy another rescue helicopter to fly it over and put out fires....now thats a good escuse to buy another heli.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:24 AM
Dirt_Devil

[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

figured if I had a 70 dollar speed control it would not burts into flames.... Oh well...just bought a electrafly unit and going to give it a shot, checked every thing else and all looks good. Nothing came in contact with the tail..it was in mid flight so who knows. Oh...I have three helis now...I dont need a 4th one unless it a glo type.

1. HB FP (mods...to many to list)
2. HB CP (mods... to many to list)
3. Showgun 400 (just got it) and have upgrades on the way for it...can't wait to fly it.

DD
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28177.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	161107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73831.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	161108  
Old 08-06-2004, 11:18 AM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

my jabba looks almost the same as the top pic....mostley the same upgrades....ill post a pick soon......thats an expensive esc to burrn up....put a fuse on that bad ass. I wouldnt take a chance for 1.00. hope it works out.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:47 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch! That hurts. I am sorry to hear that you fried that ESC. It is a very nice high frequency ESC. I suspect that the problem lies in the fact that it is a relatively low current ESC. I think that the specs for that one are 1.5A continuous and 3A max current. This is great for the very tiny motors used by indoor RC Planes, but perhaps not for your tail motor.
What tail motor are you using? I suspect that with the high horsepower configuration you have (makes me jealous, by the way) that you were making the tail motor work quite hard. That may have taken the tail ESC up over the heat that it could dissipate safely.