Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Lost Newbie - X rotation heli hover question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Lost Newbie - X rotation heli hover question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 09:26 PM
ardan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost Newbie - X rotation heli hover question

Hi All,

I just bought a electric x rotation helicopter. The manual is very Incomplete so I am trying to hover just a few inches above the ground as a first step. When I throttle up the helicopter begins to lift off it falls right or left on its side. I have tried adjusting the trim controls on the remote every way and still no hover. If I move to left it falls to left, move to right it falls right. I have tried to move in very small movements but still cannot get it off the ground. I have not even been able to get it 1 inch off the ground. Do I need do adjust the rotors? and if I do how do I tell which way to adjust them.

Also there is a flashing red led on the back of the helicopter, the manual doesn't mention it, does anyone know what this led is for???

I have flown RC planes for sometime with no real problems.

Thanks for your help..

Ardan
Old 08-20-2004, 07:02 AM
ger87410

Default RE: Lost Newbie - X rotation heli hover question

There shouldn't be a flashing light, just a solid light on the side with the power switch. Check that your blade tracking is right. They get it close at the factory, but just don't get it right. Also, the cg is off center by quite a bit. you gotta move the battery around after the tracking is fixed until you are able to hover. I assume you've had it for a day or 2 and it took me 2-3 days practice to get close to hovering. You will notice if the tracking is off by a tremendous ammount of wobble especially when you make course corrections.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:53 PM
ardan

[] Thanks for the info I will try changing the CG. The manual says how to turn the screw to adjust tracking but doesn't say how to know how to adjust, (which way to adjust up or down).

Does anyone know of a website that explains how to tell what the correct adjustments are..

Thanks,
Old 08-20-2004, 01:08 PM
ger87410

I just noticed that one of the rotors tracking was off slightly. I adjusted the knob 1/2 turn and tested. Found out I turned the wrong way so I turned is 1 whole turn the other way. Fixed it.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:47 PM
ardan

Thanks GER,

I will try it out tonight...

Ardan
Old 08-20-2004, 05:14 PM
JohnY2004

where can I download the manual?
Old 08-21-2004, 10:37 PM
ardan

Hi All,

You cannot move the battery on this Heli to change the CG, it will not move it is very secure. If the rotors are off I cannot tell it they look on to me. I cannot find ANY support site for this model on the web, so the manual is the only reference I have. I could scan the manual if anyone thinks it would help. It will be monday or tuesday before I could get the manual up.

The manual refers to the Flashing LED as a "Rudder LED" but makes to other mention of it. I guess I am out of my leaque on this project...

Thanks for all you help
Old 08-22-2004, 04:05 PM
ger87410

You can move the CG, but it requires modification.