Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

ram 750 bearings

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

ram 750 bearings

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 08:22 AM
jetsett
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ram 750 bearings

I think I may need new bearings for my ram 750. When I spin the compressor by hand, it starts and goes fairly easy, but then after about two- three seconds it stops abrubtly/instantly, very quickly. Does this sound like bearings. If the bearings are about to "go" could I do more damage if I start it up. What concerns me is that this engine only has about 20 cycles on it!
Thanks
Don
Old 09-04-2004, 09:25 AM
jetflyer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ram 750 bearings

Don,

Go to www.rtiturbines.com and click the "Contact" link which will send Carlos an email. Describe your problem to him, he might be able to let you know exactly what is going on. Carlos has always been prompt on getting back to me. Normally about 12 or 24 hrs for a reply. Or you might give him a call at 786-303-3243.

JR Gautreaux
Old 09-04-2004, 09:28 AM
geneh-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ram 750 bearings

I had the bearings in my Ram do this as well ( after about 15 runs) and so did a friend here. I turned it over by hand several times and it went away. Since then, I had to fix a fuel ring problem and while I was in there I checked the bearings. The looked and felt like new! I have flown them quite a few times since then and they are fine. Turn them over by hand and see if the sticking goes away. If it does not then put in new bearings.