Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Would this be good for starting??

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Would this be good for starting??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 01:02 PM
RoNeRiC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would this be good for starting??

Lite machines Corona 120 micro servo package
GWS peizo
Futaba 7c (already have)

And how many of you have went from planes to helis? I'm getting kinda bored with planes and looking for something more exciting. Me and a friend were talking about it and when you fly a heli everyone watches. There is just something about them.Plus I like to hover my planes. Probably my favorite. Just so much cooler with a heli. Getting tired of fuel and making time for the trip to the field. I have a 2 year old and work 3rd shift so kinda hard to get time. 15$ for a gallon of fuel. As much as I like to fly it gets costly. I went through 10 gallons since May! 150$!!!! Just on fuel. Could buy 2 nice batterys for that much and last a lot longer than 5 months too. I will eventualy go glow but right now kinda burned out (no pun intended)
Old 09-04-2004, 02:02 PM
skyhawknut
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Would this be good for starting??

Your better off buying the basic kit for 179 (or 199) at roffee tv - than the lite combo. The stock motor is JUNK, and the controller is a crapshoot (you occasionally get a good one). The GWS gyro is a pain to get setup and constantly needs tweaking. About 90% of people that get something other than a futaba gyro - end up getting one 6 months later.

Buy the basic kit, a Kyosho Atomic force motor, CC pegasus 35 esc, Futaba GY240 gyro, And an 8 cell Saft 3200 or GP 3300 battery and you will have spent less or the same amount of money for way better and more capable products........... and you will be thanking us later.[8D]
Old 09-04-2004, 09:31 PM
RoNeRiC
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: skyhawknut

Your better off buying the basic kit for 179 (or 199) at roffee tv - than the lite combo. The stock motor is JUNK, and the controller is a crapshoot (you occasionally get a good one). The GWS gyro is a pain to get setup and constantly needs tweaking. About 90% of people that get something other than a futaba gyro - end up getting one 6 months later.

Buy the basic kit, a Kyosho Atomic force motor, CC pegasus 35 esc, Futaba GY240 gyro, And an 8 cell Saft 3200 or GP 3300 battery and you will have spent less or the same amount of money for way better and more capable products........... and you will be thanking us later.[8D]
Is that the Atomic force motor for cars that is 17x2?
Old 09-05-2004, 02:42 PM
skyhawknut
My Feedback: (3)

YES.