Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

TAIL PROBLEMS SOLVED

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

TAIL PROBLEMS SOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 09:15 PM
SexyPizzaMan
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TAIL PROBLEMS SOLVED

If you go here http://www.helihobby.com/html/motors.html

Scroll down the page and they have a brushless tail motor which clames will last for years. My question is. not as simple. Can i use 2c lipo in my all stock hummingbird? Do i need to do any upgrades to use the lithium battery. Do i need a different kind of esc or somthing to power the brushless motot? Please hel me, i got the goods but dont understand if it will work with stock.
will the stock hummingbird v 3 work with a 9 channel futaba radio, 2 c lipos, and a brushless tail motor? Do i need special crystals to go into the reciver of the hummingbird?
Old 09-20-2004, 03:30 AM
ny102

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TAIL PROBLEMS SOLVED

i think u can use 2cell lipo with stock. no problem. if u want to use a brushless motor u need to used new esc for brushless. the original mixer board cannot be used with brushless motor. u need to go seperates with new main esc for main rotor and new esc for tail.
u can learn more on seperates at this page...http://www.helihobby.com/html/separate_electronics.html

9ch will work with hbv3 no problem. just buy new receiver with new crystal same frequency with your transmitter. i used my 8ch futaba with 6ch gws receiver.