Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

fiber classics 330L 33% ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

fiber classics 330L 33% ARF

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 11:06 PM
Aero-X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fiber classics 330L 33% ARF

Well, Knife.

It's obvious you've got some strong opinions on the subject. However you look at it though, your not going to have the same level of performance with a 38# A/C as you are with a 34#ish.

As far as throttle management goes for Unlimited class IMAC'rs I can't comment. I know that I can hover at about 3-4 click's of throttle. For straight and level flight 1/2 throttle's a bit more than I use.

Cheers
Old 08-12-2002, 11:46 PM
KNIFE BROTHER

The 37% Godfrey 300L that I fly weighs 34 lbs. It was built using a gram scale to weigh every piece that went on the airplane. A lot of material was replaced to keep the weight down. I am very aware of the virtues of a light aircraft. This bird hovers a couple of clicks off the backstop. I'm not trying to shove my opinions down anyone's throat. To each his own. I just hate to see people drop $3500.00 on a bird that they think is going to be the be-all-end-all of aerobatic aircraft only to be disappointed. On the other hand, its obvious that the FC is a great airframe, especially considering its showing at the last TOC. Just seems they would be a little more aware of quality control, especially considering the price/reputation of these aircraft.
Old 08-13-2002, 01:14 AM
Aero-X

Absolutely no argument there. On another note, some might consider looking to the Troy built 260's. I know that the 40% is coming out stock at around 34#.