Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

when do we find out who won??!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 10:54 AM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when do we find out who won??!!

i entered the sportsworks contest for there new buggy? and you guys said the winner will be in the spet issue? Where is it?
i'm wondering im sure i did'ent win but i like to know who did?
Old 08-31-2004, 07:47 PM
t-maxx homie 369

Default RE: when do we find out who won??!!

yah who did win i entered to
Old 09-01-2004, 08:46 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

we want to know!
Old 09-02-2004, 08:33 AM
Greg V

Hmmm you have to read the rules.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:38 AM
Jitters
My Feedback: (28)

Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules
I'm sure that these folks don't have the RC Driver back issue that has the rules. As a courtesy to all, the winners should be printed at RC Driver or posted on the Horizon Hobby website, or perhaps the Sportwerks website. Just a thought.[8D]
Old 09-23-2004, 08:25 AM
Greg V

If only it were that easy. The editors really don't have anything to do with the contest other than answering the emails from people yelling at us demanding the results. I did a little digging around and found out that the company that collected the ballots used a random computer drawing program to pick the winners. I believe the winners have already been contacted, so if you didn't get at least a call or letter then... well you know.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Jitters

Oh, OK, a random computer drawing. Gone are the good old days of bated breath as the pretty young lady dips her hand into the drum to pull out the winning ticket amidst the roar of the crowd. Also I'm sure that people aren't yelling at the magazine for the results. If there were some impolite jerks, they can just be ignored. BTW, I was one of the people Horizon Hobby contacted as a winner. I kinda was expecting, you know, the Publishers Clearing House van to pull up to my house with TV cameras blazing. Oh well. I'm very much looking forward to seeing a big box being delivered soon. My kids are driving me NUTS asking when it will arrive. Some of them are even yelling. Take care and Thank you very much.[8D]
Old 09-23-2004, 10:25 PM
nathan 256

I won also! But i haven't been able to get hold of anybody. I called the number on the letter but i always get an answering machine. I e-mailed Steven also but i haven't got a reply from him either and in the rules it says "All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winners"
I am kinda mad cause in the rules it also says you have 21 days to return notification of prize, or an alternate winner will be selected. Have you got ahold of Steven?
Old 09-23-2004, 11:44 PM
Jitters

I received a phone call saying that I am a winner and to call Steve XXXXXX at an 800 number. I called Steve, though I just got his voice mail. I left a couple of messages but got no reply,so instead I just called the Horizon Hobbies Customer Service number and let them know who I was and that I was trying to reach Steve. They then connected me to him. I spoke with him and verified my address and my choice of prize. That was about 10 days ago. I'm still waiting for the delivery and my kids are pestering me when they get up, when they return from school, and after their homework is done. They think I got the prize and am just hiding it to keep up the suspense or wait till all their chores are done. Who knows. I'm just waitin' I'm just too up there to believe that I have actually won anything. First time in half a century.[8D]
Old 09-24-2004, 07:40 AM
nathan 256

Hey thanks i will try that i hope i get somebody to hook me up with steven.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:42 AM
nathan 256

Hey thanks i will try that i hope i get somebody to hook me up with steven.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:50 PM
nathan 256

HEy Jitters have u got your buggy yet?
Old 09-29-2004, 12:36 AM
Jitters

No, but I e-mailed Horizon Hobbies today and Steve said that they were waiting on the T-shirts and everything for me went out today and gave me a tracking number. So, hope lives! My kids are absolutely at wits end waiting. But it's a neat kind of anticipation.[8D]
Old 10-01-2004, 04:45 PM
nathan 256

Hey Jitters i recieved my buggy today. I got home and a big ole package from ups was sitting on my door. YEEEEEEAAAAAAAA!
Old 10-01-2004, 04:51 PM
Jitters

Very good! My arrival date is Monday here in Arizona, and you got yours in Samoa earlier? You must be an important kind of guy What all did you get?
Old 10-02-2004, 11:05 PM
nathan 256

I live in arkansas. I got a XL t shirt (don't know how i am gonna fit in that), like 6 decal sheets, one year subscription starting with the december issue, a poster and of course the buggy. I broke-in the buggy this (saturday) morning and when i pulled it out of the box the gas tank had a small crack in it where one of the screws went in ,that held the splash gaurd. The crack didn't make the gas tank leak though. Also it was really hard to start on the first start and i figured out that the preset needle settings were too rich. Then i leaned it out a hair at a time until it started and ran fine. But in the process the engine became hydro-locked and striped out a gear in the starter, so i used a drill to start it the rest of the time. That worked terrific. Now i am have to call customer service for sportwerks monday and atleast tell them about the crack in the gas tank. I only run monster trucks like the T-maxx and savage. I have never ran a buggy before, and let me tell u what. That .26 engine in the rtr buggy can push around that thing pretty fast. I swear running that buggy rich it goes faster than the puny 2.5 in my t-maxx running tuned perfect. Also the buggy never flips over on a tight turn like my monster trucks. But the downside is ground clearance suffers a little, cause i went off a curve it scratched up the bottom of the chassie. Sliding around corners in the buggy is worth the loss of ground clearance. This buggy is built like a tank, i don't see me breaking anyparts soon.

I hope you have fun with your buggy,
Nathan Hawkins

P.S.- Did you get the rtr or the Atr?
Old 10-02-2004, 11:59 PM
Jitters

Hey Nathan, Check you profile on your posts, you show AR but in American Samoa. A bit far from you. Myself, I asked for the Pro version. They said that there's the RTR, the Pro without engine and the Pro with engine. I chose the Pro with engine. Was the T-shirt and X-Lg or smaller than that in reality? Welcome to buggies. Yes, you mess up the chassis with a whole lot 'a scrapin' goin' on, but they're unbelievable as far as handling, endurance, and toughness. My delivery date is this Monday. I hope it lives up to my expectations. Enjoy!
Old 10-08-2004, 08:47 PM
nathan 256

Hey sorry it took me so long to write back. My computer broke and we had to get a new one (dude i'm getting a dell). Anyways i called their customer service and they told me to send in the gas tank and the starter. The shirt is huge so it has to be xtra large in size. I quit runnin my t-maxx because the buggy is too awsome.

Nathan
Old 10-08-2004, 10:50 PM
Jitters

Glad you got it straightened out. I dunno about you but my t-shirt fit just fine. I made a deal with my kids. They get the buggy and magazine subscription, I get the t-shirt and stickers. If you don't like the shirt, send it to me!