Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

J'tec 40% Extra...Just pulled the trigger

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

J'tec 40% Extra...Just pulled the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 08:36 AM
CDignition
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J'tec 40% Extra...Just pulled the trigger

After some agonziing on what to get, I went with the J'Tec.. I was originally planning on a 3.1 Super Extra from Comp ARF...But they sure dont want to work on a deal or anything, and cost is always a factor (I can buy 2 J'tecs for the same cost as one Comp ARF)....

Being a Comp ARF owner makes it hard to go back to a wood plane, but $1500 difference makes it easier,lol..(That pays for the DA150)...I talked with J'tec on the phone and had Many questions (from Spare parts prices/Availability, to how the plane goes together, etc, etc...) and was very satisfied with the level of service...So far, all comments from fliers are positive....here and RCU...Jim Mcqueens pictures made it easier too....

Ill do a write up on the build, and take lots of pics..
Old 10-08-2004, 12:27 PM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: J'tec 40% Extra...Just pulled the trigger

Plane flies great. You will love it.

Dave
Old 10-08-2004, 12:42 PM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

Congrats. You could have went for the 3.0m Extra from Composite-ARF, the difference wouldn't have been so big, and oh I love my 3.0m. I have seen the J-Tec Extra also, and it is large.
DKjens
Old 10-08-2004, 04:20 PM
CDignition

YEah, but I dont like any of the color schemes that are available for the 3.0M..and I dont want an all white plane again, so a little diffrent is good..plus bigger is better, hee hee..
Old 10-08-2004, 04:24 PM
vypr
My Feedback: (6)

Bigger is ALWAYS better. Make sure and report back on teh build quality and eventually the flight cahracteristics. I'm considering their Edge at the moment and I want to know how J'tec stacks up against carden.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:22 PM
mAvRiCk-inactive

I have a DP 40% Edge 540T and it is lighter on the sticks than a CARDEN!! Sweet plane! The JTEC is just exactly the same!
Old 10-10-2004, 03:24 PM
mAvRiCk-inactive

No need for a Composite ARF the wood planes fly just as good so I see!
Old 10-10-2004, 03:38 PM
lewdfinger

ORIGINAL: CDignition

Being a Comp ARF owner makes it hard to go back to a wood plane
Funny. Being a former Comp ARF owner makes it quite refreshing to own a wood plane. You must never have had to ask Comp-ARF for any kind of support. (I know, I know, they are such excellent planes I should feel lucky to even have touched one).

My JTEC Extra arrives this week.

KD
Old 10-11-2004, 12:07 AM
mu2driver
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all in the pilot anyway! I have seen dudes fly Wood as good as Composite, it really only matters on what you feel like working on. Planes are planes, some better and some worse. In the end they all Die!
Old 10-11-2004, 01:06 AM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

ORIGINAL: mu2driver

In the end they all Die!
Wow Darcy, feeling grumpy today. Maybe you shouldn't fly yours for the next week and a half, just to be sure Bob has something when he comes out .

Yeah, I'm sure most of the big planes are great, if the design, wing, etc. is good, but after flying and maintaining Composite-ARF planes, I do find it hard to go back to wood and covering.
DKjens
Old 10-11-2004, 09:17 AM
mu2driver

Wow Darcy, feeling grumpy today . Maybe you shouldn't fly yours for the next week and a half, just to be sure Bob has something when he comes out
Well not really, im actually happy but every time I read someone trying to compare a Composite-Arf to a Wood-Arf it just blows me away.
Folks there just IS NO comparison between the two, both are completely different. Its like comparing a Mustang to a Ferrari not even in the same class, AND YES THE COMPOSITE-ARF IS THE FERRARI !

Like I always say "It depends on what you want to work on"

I will add this, there are many different planes out there that are very good, just none are like the Composite-Arf's
Old 10-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Flyfalcons

Darcy's just begging to get smoked by a guy flying a wood plane
Old 10-11-2004, 03:23 PM
mAvRiCk-inactive

HAHA!! Well, I can't say the planes are in two different classes because I would say any 40% plane looks just as good. I can see the seams on the Composite ARF, but on a professionally built Carden/Aerotech...I don't think so! Back to the JTEC...It's an aweosme plane and you are going to love it. THe one I've seen fly has a ZDZ160 on it with Cannisters and boy is it awesome...

Dan
Old 10-11-2004, 03:24 PM
lewdfinger

Folks there just IS NO comparison between the two, both are completely different. Its like comparing a Mustang to a Ferrari not even in the same class, AND YES THE COMPOSITE-ARF IS THE FERRARI !
Sooooo, using your analogy:

Ferrari: Overpriced, very expensive to fix, require more frequent service, maufacturer is on another continent, replacement parts take weeks to arrive (and then don't fit), but they are fast and beautiful. Chicks definitely dig them.

Mustang: Cheaper to purchase and fix, more rugged, dealer in town, replacement parts readily available, and the driver can often repair it himself using conventional tools. Chicks don't dig them as much as a Ferrari but will frequently ride in one as the Ferrari is in the shop awaiting parts. Also, the top drivers always seem to win with one of their Mustangs (they bought two for the price of one Ferrari).

I think you've hit it on the head, my man.

KD
Old 10-11-2004, 03:37 PM
CDignition

lol..and just to think, I get to have both...

I will say this..the Comp ARF isnt worth 1500 more...thats like getting a free motor,lol..
Old 10-11-2004, 03:45 PM
bwick

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lewdfinger

Sooooo, using your analogy:

Ferrari: Overpriced, very expensive to fix, require more frequent service, maufacturer is on another continent, replacement parts take weeks to arrive (and then don't fit), but they are fast and beautiful. Chicks definitely dig them.

Mustang: Cheaper to purchase and fix, more rugged, dealer in town, replacement parts readily available, and the driver can often repair it himself using conventional tools. Chicks don't dig them as much as a Ferrari but will frequently ride in one as the Ferrari is in the shop awaiting parts. Also, the top drivers always seem to win with one of their Mustangs (they bought two for the price of one Ferrari).

I think you've hit it on the head, my man.

KD
hahahah great analogy
Old 10-11-2004, 03:51 PM
mu2driver

I will say this..the Comp ARF isnt worth 1500 more...thats like getting a free motor,lol..
thats your Opinion man,

Mustang parts are made in Mexico, I should know I used to fly them across the border

Ferrari's are for the very privilaged, anyone can own a Mustang

they All Break, thats a fact!

Ryan you want to smoke me go right ahead, your just jealous man....
Old 10-11-2004, 04:09 PM
CDignition

Wow Darcy...whats up with the "tude??.....All these planes are is just toys, and they are all cool...I didnt go Comp ARF this time due to costs, and a few other things (Comp ARF price for parts, and also no cash deals on them, Bob has no pull for a guy that had bought 2 in the last 4 months, so I went elsewhere).....

One thing to remember...a 42 % Extra 260 from TroyBuilt weighs 31 pounds, and likely flies better than any 3M Comp arf out there, just due to weight...lol..but they are custom builts, and pricy...

Just have FUN..
Old 10-11-2004, 04:15 PM
mu2driver

Oh nothing personal Jef, you are correct they are all toy's

One thing to think about, Bob dosent have any pull on the price, they cost what they cost, that is from the Manufacture. My guess is you didnt get an Deal from the other guy either, his plane was just Cheaper thats all....

You gotta fly what you can afford, and no one faults you for that
Old 10-11-2004, 04:49 PM
CDignition