Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Help 6 volt for my rambler 45

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Help 6 volt for my rambler 45

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 01:49 PM
rob6894
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help 6 volt for my rambler 45

Hello all I purchased a seeker II receiver for my new Rambler 45 at that time I ordered a 6 volt battery for the rx my servos are rated for both 4.8 and 6 volt. I thought I was doing a good thing by going to 6 volt but know I am reading about needing regulator and better chance of failure. Is a regulator needed? Am I asking for trouble? Will I be ok? Don't know if it is helpful but I have6 servos in the plane Hi-tec for the throttle and retracts and rutabaga for everything else.

Please help before I install.

Best,
Robert
Old 10-20-2004, 11:16 PM
rob6894

Default RE: Help 6 volt for my rambler 45

I really need help with this?.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:40 AM
DragonHeart

Ive just put a 6V Rx Pack in my Funtana and i use High Torque Sevos (Hitec) and its fine...... i dont use a regulator....... just make sure the battery packs properly charged...... i use the trickle charger function on my field charger (Mulit Q)....... the 6V battery will give you more speed and more torque from your servos......

I think its allways a good idea to put a VoltMeter Checker in your cockpit so you can check the voltage each time you fly easily........

Hope thats of some help.....
Old 10-21-2004, 02:05 AM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

Here's the dealio. You need a regulator. A full 6 volt pack will cause servo jitter. The regulator will smooth out the response to the servo (not that you will notice), and your servos will tend to last longer. And yes you will have more speed and holding power. I don't know that you will benefit from more torque with the Rambler, but the speed increase in the servo will be appreciated.

Jim C
Old 10-21-2004, 12:53 PM
rob6894

Ok If it safe to use then I will install without a regulator. If anyone has any other info on this that might be helpful please send it my way as I will be installing this tonight.

Thanks,
Rob