Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Can't calibrate JR X-378 in Reflex XTR

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Can't calibrate JR X-378 in Reflex XTR

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 05:09 AM
cowgod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't calibrate JR X-378 in Reflex XTR

Hey there. I just received my much-anticipated copy of Reflex XTR. However, I'm having trouble getting it to calibrate my radio. When I perform the calibration process, all eight channels show the message, "Channel not centered", and the window says "The calibration could not be completed. Please check correct interface installation and transmitter activity."

I'm using a JR X-378 Heli Tx, and running this on Windows XP Professional SP2. I installed the Reflex USB adapter driver as the instructions said. Reflex definitely sees the transmitter - the 'channel display' screen shows movement between -110 and 0 (centered around -90) on channels 2, 4, 6, and 8 when I move the sticks around. Also, I tried assigning the four channels to their corresponding functions and loading up the simulation with the transmitter as-is, and the sticks DID produce something like the desired motion in the helicopter, though obviously not in a controlled manner.

Any ideas what's wrong? I've seen several posts here saying various other simulators had problems running under XP SP2, but couldn't tell what those problems are exactly. Any advice is greatly appreciated. My Raptor won't be in the air for at least another two weeks so I'm dying to finally get to fly in SOME form or another Thanks.

Dan
Old 10-27-2004, 08:19 AM
garrett0300

Default RE: Can't calibrate JR X-378 in Reflex XTR

Hey

I have a 9c. It had the same problem. All sticks,switches should be centered. All trim, subtrim, everything. Three way switches too. EVERYTHING HAS TO BE CENTERED once you have done that just keep trying to calibrate it. "Mine magically worked eventually"
Old 10-27-2004, 04:38 PM
cowgod

Default RE: Can't calibrate JR X-378 in Reflex XTR

Aha, problem is solved. It turned out to be the issue I've read about in a few places, with the reversed wires in the JR adapter. I simply cut open the wire insulation, cut the two wires (brown and white), and reversed them (spliced the brown wire in to the white and vice versa), and it worked perfectly. Also, let me just say that A) Reflex is amazing and B) I've got a lot of learning to do. I'm glad I started with the simulator - at least five times now I've cut my own head off with the rotors

Dan